any theft problems in your area?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sorry to hear that Bulldog......... makes one ashamed of those supposed to be on our side!
About 80% of the stuff was my Dad's who had passed away and most of it could be replaced but that's not the point. It was dad's things he left me and that can't be replaced with with no ammount of money.

Then the fight with the insurance co. I'm still on the fence as to which is the biggest crook, the theives or the insurance. My premium is $1500 per year and they offered me $1000 settlement. I fought them tooth and nail which got me $9k but what a joke. With what we have paid over the years I think it would be cheaper not to have insurance at all. :(

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Bulldog I know what you mean, when we got hit they said figure up everything and let us know, so I did everything they said to do, all the replacement cost and I even had a lot of the old bills of sale. I contacted them back the bastards said oh well you do not have a rider policey on any of these things so all we can give you is 1000 for the guns, and1000 for the jewelry, nothing for the money or drugs stolen, and 500 to get the window fixed. 2500 bucks to pay for a loss of over 15K. Yeah like you I wonder who the bigger thieves are

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Regarding My new Kioti RX 6010.....I certainly liked mine, I purchased it last summer and had 130 hours on it, and it handled well, did more than it was supposed to regarding my expectations. Nov. 3, I had a couple of ner'do well crackheads that stole a car a couple of hundred miles away, and had run out of gas, had stopped at a neighbours a few miles away, got into their things and stole a Gerry can, unfortunately of diesel, they then attempted their getaway, only to make it a few miles in the snow storm, then when the stolen car died on them , they strolled down to my place, entered my shop attempted to drill out the ignitions in two vehicles and failed, so of course trashed them, then managed to screw driver start my new tractor and left, having a fabulous joy ride 40 plus miles where it was found abandoned in a seedy part of the city.
It looks as though it may be written off by insurance, as quotes so far for parts are at about $23000, and that does not include the price of a new cab, which may be hard to get, the loader is twisted, the engine knocks......My poor baby!!
I certainly do hope the authorities catch them before I do, although we all know that the judge will feel sorry ... "oh you poor crackheads, you need councelling, because someone didn't let you have your way when you were a child....
Myself, I prefer the coyote method, shoot one and hang it on the fence......letting the others know to stay away...... simple, effective. at least have that system in place until judges develop testicles and start setting some examples, these clowns did over $50,000.00 damage , upsetting peoples lives , and ways of life.

I am now looking at a replacement tractor, and thinking of the new 70 Hp Kioti, perhaps not the best move, as one should wait a year or two until their new Tier 4 system has proven out, but people have to eat, and farmers feed the world.....

Roger

wooneye

Dec 16, 2011
Holland Mich.
Kubotaman, I think we had the same bunch up in our neck of the woods (2 ni%^ers in a white van) The local police know who they are and are watching closely for them. They figure they are druggies. They hit our area 4 times and the neighborly question around here is: "Who still has their back-hoe attached?" We live in the country for a reason.
All of us around here are firm believers in : "God, Guts & Guns".

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah 40 acres and a back hoe,,,, or abandoned mine shafts not that I would condone anything like that,,, coff coff:rolleyes:

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
A few years ago when I was looking for a tractor I came across a BX with a backhoe that was seized from a Hells Angels member under the proceeds of crime law. The backhoe was obviously used, the rest of the tractor looked like new except for the plastic skull mounted on the hood.

I guess everybody has a use for a backhoe.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ahh yeah I would be a little suspect buying something that may have been owned by the Red and White

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Where I live in Louisiana the dealer had told me that two of the zero turn mowers had been stolen from two customers and that two tractors had been driven into the bayou. I keep my L3800 parked under the carport with my truck behind it. Frank

northcop

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 11, 2013
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
man some of these stories are awful. I feel for you guys, I'm lucky that I'm in a very low crime area. looooong uphill driveway to come to the house. Never hurts to have 2 security systems made by Glock and Colt too. The best part of living rural is no one ever hears one gunshot......hypothetically of course

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
man some of these stories are awful. I feel for you guys, I'm lucky that I'm in a very low crime area. looooong uphill driveway to come to the house. Never hurts to have 2 security systems made by Glock and Colt too. The best part of living rural is no one ever hears one gunshot......hypothetically of course
Some of those stories are indeed awful. If i was living in the states, i'd be armed like nobody else. There laws are more in favor of protecting themselves, the family and properties. Our laws totally suck and are against us, favoring criminals. We have no right to do anything. Any guns we might have, require a triggerlock and then has to be in a case with a lock on it. Ammo needs to be locked up seperatly, in another part of the house, rendering our guns useless. UNLESS we brake the law and actually have time to use it. And then we're in jail ourselves. I hate our gun laws. Thank god we live in low crime areas

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
i'd be armed like nobody else.
I am wherever possible….. can't be at work, can't be in stores/bars/restaurants/businesses that forbid it, can't be on jury duty, schools, or in government buildings….. and worst of all, can't be everywhere at the same time. Can't cover the house while at work, can't cover the cabin (& tractor:eek:) while I'm at home, etc. but I do what I can.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I am wherever possible…...
Yeah - know what you mean. For many years I joked "This house insured by Smith & Wesson." Really, its a Remington 870 Brushmaster 12ga with #2 mag goose loads - I WILL hit somebody with that!:D

I'm in New York State, and trust me, not all of NYS is NYC. Our area is some of the most rural upstate, outside of the Adirondack Park. :)

NYS is known for liberals at the state level - thanks to NYC. Last year our esteemed Governor Cuomo got through the "SAFE Act." Don't remember what it stands for, but severely limits pistol permits, magazine size, etc.:mad: Don't vote for this guy when he runs for President in 2016.:(

My handgun permit was old enough that I retained my Carry Concealed status (for now).

Even in our small area, we had a guy and his woman burglarize a popular gun shop to steal guns to sell for heroine. I think they got 20 or 30. With security cameras, they figured out who it was.

The owner lives a mile from me - good guy I've known for years.

The police were looking for him, and he knew it. He went into the woods last week to hide - hit some heroine, fell asleep in the sub-zero temperatures, and froze (literally - froze solid).

All but a couple of the guns were found. (probably the couple missing were sold for the heroine and -10 degree temps that killed him)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Paid insurance for years, $30 thousand plus. Had one breakin, turned in a claim for $12 thousand. Insurance co would only pay $10 thousand and then canceled my policy. Kept the other $ 20 thousand. In my next life, I'm going to be a banker that owns an insurance co.....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm still not sure which is worse, the theif or the insurance co.

The thief just comes in and steals our stuff.

We pay the insurance co to screw us.

benben

Equipment
B7200 Hst with heated cabin
Dec 18, 2012
quebec canada
after 1 person try to steel my generator my dog have stop him with some bit's to his arm and the police like to bring my dog to the SPCA for rabis observation.I put a high power electric fencer (for animals) around my garage,somtimes during the nighttime I have listen somebody yelling but nothing was missing and now the last 5 years all is fine around my property
benben

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know benben I love going to Canada and everyone I have ever met there was pretty ok,, but you guys have some of the most screwed up laws I have ever heard
I just watched a video about a guy who's house was being fire bombed and he use a rifle to subdue the 4 guys that were throwing gas filled bottles at his home, and this guy has security cam proof, and now he is the guy in jail or going to jail because he used a gun to protect home and family
Whats next???

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
Not that it should have come to that, but the person being firebombed,Ian Thomson , was acquitted. The Conservative Government has changed the laws regarding self-defence some what since then.

Mr. Thomson is now in the process of trying to obtain the Canadian equivalent of a concealed carry permit for self-defence.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thank you my friend that's the one I was talking about. I don't know the reason they were doing what they were but I think defending your self is a God given right,, but then that's just me