Any recommendations? New B2650

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Hello everyone,
I will soon be the proud owner of a new B2650. This is my first tractor and I look forward to learning how to use it. I chose this over the 2620 because it seemed to have more of the things I like (LA534 and QC bucket).

I do have a question. Being new too the game I do not know the exact "style" of quick release implements my loader uses. Which style do I have? Eventually I want the pallet forks and the third valve option with a lightweight grapple.

Recommendations appreciated.

tk tom

Equipment
b2650
Jun 6, 2014
hollis, me
Hello everyone,
I will soon be the proud owner of a new B2650. This is my first tractor and I look forward to learning how to use it. I chose this over the 2620 because it seemed to have more of the things I like (LA534 and QC bucket).

I do have a question. Being new too the game I do not know the exact "style" of quick release implements my loader uses. Which style do I have? Eventually I want the pallet forks and the third valve option with a lightweight grapple.

Recommendations appreciated.
Did you get the 2-lever quick attach? I assume so as that would be the most popular style for this tractor. You can use skid-steer style attachments. I just picked up my B2650 this week and do a lot of swapping back and forth from the bucket and the forks, and this setup is just awesome.

You can also buy blank weld-plates and fab anything you want to attach to the loader. I would also like to add the 3rd function valve to mine at some point, a grapple would be very handy.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
That looks like it might use all the skid steer style attachments with that setup...

That would open up, augers, brushes, various buckets, trenchers, concrete working tools (cutters, spreaders, etc.), and a whole bunch of things. Skid Steers are very versatile. (You can even mount backhoes on them.. or would they be front hoes?)

I wish I had that kind of money!

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I did get the quick release bucket with the two levers. I didn't bother to measure my bucket but if I had to guess I got the 54" bucket. I too got the pallet forks but did not get the same forks listed above. Love them.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Boy, that does seem to be a whole lot more tractor than the 2620 - about 250 lbs more! And a heck of a lot more capacity in the FEL. You need a LOT of rear ballast to counter your front end payload!
Welcome to OTT! We look forward to your input about the new series, and PICTURES!

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
I'm not certain how to post pictures but I'll figure out something eventually. I've rented a BX25 and it was a beast but I didn't like what I felt was a big limitation. The backhoe seemed to laugh at the weight of the tractor. That's what pushed me into the B series, then I slowly worked my way from a 2620 to a 2650. Like the extra weight but love the quick release bucket and forks.
The hydraulics are strong but I never had a problem with stability because I either had the bushog on the back or the box scraper. I ran her in 2wd and used it to push logs etc, occasionally I would hop over a log and get stuck, a quick flip to 4wd and I'm back working again. This is the best investment I made for working around the homestead.

Reactions: 1 user

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
If you have any hills, remember that the brakes are on the rear wheels; if you have a bucketload, the rear end is light. Going downhill makes it worse, and suddenly you are without brakes. 4WD does not hurt the tractor. With the loader, it is better to use it and not need it, than to need it and not be using it!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
gpreuss has a point which may need to be clarified for a new user.
The use of 4wd provides braking on the front wheels through the driveline with the rear brakes providing the retardation. It makes a big difference in the sudden fear you feel going down hill with a full bucket and the rear wheels are skidding.
I switch in and out of 4wd a lot when using the FEL in sloping terrain.
Dave M7040