Any LX2610 or B2650 owners?

tsperry88

Apr 26, 2021
Virginia, USA
I just sold my B7610 and looking for a replacement. The LX2610 seems like a good replacement for my needs, but I have read a number of reports about the transmission lurching, most noticably in the upper 2 ranges. I have read reports that dealers have said it's normal, and read reports where dealers were able to resolve the issue with spring adjustment. Should I write the machine off as to risky to purchase, or keep it on my list? It's the middle ground between my other contenders. Do any non cab owners find it notably louder than other hst transmissions? I watched GP Outdoors video where he commented it seemed loud, but didn't know if it was due to the cab echo.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I have had my LX 2610 for about ten months and haven't had any lurching issues. I have driven a 3 series JD and find it and the Kubota about the same for noise. I'd skip the radio and pick up a set of ISO Tunes Bluetooth hearing protection

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have a lx2610 cab. No lurching what so ever. It’s a great little tractor. If I had to do it again, I would definitely buy the same one

Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
LX2610 SU - no lurching at all and noise level is normal. When I say no lurching, I mean completely smooth. I filled a 20 yard dumpster with big limbs, old posts and other debris, and each time a crept up to the dumpster carefully due to holding a significant load high with the grapple. I also transported and dumped broken slate pieces a bucket at a time at my sister-in-law's; they had a rental dumpster on site also. Again, I approached the dumpster slowly as I raised the load to dump.

I saw that GP Outdoors episode, and I wondered what he was talking about.

Jhilde

Equipment
B2650
Apr 26, 2021
Saskatchewan
B2650 rops owner here. I remember reading that some times there can be a sticky valve causing the hydro to be jerky. Mine seems fine with almost 200 hours. As for noise, a friend of mine owns an LS tractor and his is just as noisy.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I would add that you should not dismiss a tractor or anything else just based on a few internet posts. Test drive it for yourself.

For me, it was between the LX2610 SU and the L2501, and I am very pleased with my choice. Although, I am sure the L2501 would have been a great solution; I liked the operator's station layout better in the LX.

tsperry88

Apr 26, 2021
Virginia, USA
Good to hear a few good reports. I put 200 hours on myvB7610 in the last 2 years developing my property. I'm trying to guess which size machine would do my future tasking better. Which is mostly just general maintenance of 5 mostly wooded acres and a 500' driveway. Initially I have a lot of grapple work, as vines have really wrecked my woods. I'm comfortable on larger equipment, I just think the size of an L2501 might be more inconvenient than it's extra capability is worth. Sometimes I think I should go down to a B2601, but I'm worried about driveway tasks.

Last edited:

tsperry88

Apr 26, 2021
Virginia, USA
I would add that you should not dismiss a tractor or anything else just based on a few internet posts. Test drive it for yourself.

For me, it was between the LX2610 SU and the L2501, and I am very pleased with my choice. Although, I am sure the L2501 would have been a great solution; I liked the operator's station layout better in the LX.

Mine would be the SU as well. I assumed any demo machines wouldn't have the lurching issue, and didn't want to be one of the unlucky ones, if the issue was somewhat prevalent. Actually the only LX my dealer could show me was still partially crated.

Initially I didn't like the digital dash, but once I learned it had a parking brake light, it almost convinced me to like it. I have left that darn brake on a time or two.

Last edited:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
FWIW, I really do like the SU with its larger tires (very stable), and I have no use for the mid-PTO. I took delivery in Mid-March, and we keep the tractor on our property in North GA (we live in Savannah). I have been up to use it three times for a few days each time. So far, I have: leveled a 35 x 35 foot spot for a 30 x 30 foot shed (installed during the second visit), moved about 40+ tons of crusher gravel (for the shed, our driveway refresh and a service yard), cleaned up a field (all of the stuff put in the dumpster), reclaimed the edge of a field with the rotary cutter, mowed the field a few times, helped my sister in law clean up the pile of slate, spread insecticide and weed and feed in the field (wiped out the fire ants and dramatically improved the grass/weed ratio). I am already over 25 hours on the tractor, and I will be using it next week to finish the driveway refresh, mow and various small tasks.

Reactions: 1 users

JimiCarpenter

Mar 27, 2021
Clayton Nc
Mine would be the SU as well. I assumed any demo machines wouldn't have the lurching issue, and didn't want to be one of the unlucky ones, if the issue was somewhat prevalent. Actually the only LX my dealer could show me was still partially crated.

Initially I didn't like the digital dash, but once I learned it had a parking brake light, it almost convinced me to like it. I have left that darn brake on a time or two.
Im currently waiting on my LX2610. I order it about a month ago unfortunately the times were in aren’t good for those of us who are impatient 😂. I was torn between the 2501 and the LX. I have a lot of grass to cut and it already having cruise control and the loader arm within better reach from the seat sold me.

tsperry88

Apr 26, 2021
Virginia, USA
FWIW, I really do like the SU with its larger tires (very stable), and I have no use for the mid-PTO. I took delivery in Mid-March, and we keep the tractor on our property in North GA (we live in Savannah). I have been up to use it three times for a few days each time. So far, I have: leveled a 35 x 35 foot spot for a 30 x 30 foot shed (installed during the second visit), moved about 40+ tons of crusher gravel (for the shed, our driveway refresh and a service yard), cleaned up a field (all of the stuff put in the dumpster), reclaimed the edge of a field with the rotary cutter, mowed the field a few times, helped my sister in law clean up the pile of slate, spread insecticide and weed and feed in the field (wiped out the fire ants and dramatically improved the grass/weed ratio). I am already over 25 hours on the tractor, and I will be using it next week to finish the driveway refresh, mow and various small tasks.
Did your tires require the steering stop? Kubota lists 2 sizes, the larger requiring limiting the steering. I think I would chose the smaller.

tsperry88

Apr 26, 2021
Virginia, USA
Im currently waiting on my LX2610. I order it about a month ago unfortunately the times were in aren’t good for those of us who are impatient 😂. I was torn between the 2501 and the LX. I have a lot of grass to cut and it already having cruise control and the loader arm within better reach from the seat sold me.
I don't need any of the premium features of the B/LX, but I'm curious to see if I really end up liking the fender located loaded control as much as the hype, if I end up with one of them.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just shy of 400 hours on my B2650. No issues. It's been a great little machine. I needed something on the lighter side because of my soft ground that still had enough grunt. The large B (or LX) does just that. This evening I moved 50 yards of fill dirt in about an hour and a half.

HST whine, yes, there is some especially in higher ranges. I generally have earphones in anyway...

Elliott in GA

Equipment
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Did your tires require the steering stop? Kubota lists 2 sizes, the larger requiring limiting the steering. I think I would chose the smaller.
I bought my LX from dealer stock (they had two LX2610 SUs with the same configuration). Mine came with:
FRONT - 25x8.50-14 R4 Titan Trac Loader
REAR - 15-19.5 R4 Titan Trac Loader (ABR8767 & ABR8768) (requires the stops).
I'll put it this way; I did not know it had stops installed until you noted it. The tractor is still very maneuverable. I would recommend the bigger R4 tires for the stability, load rating for loader work and the added ruggedness for working in the woods.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I have the larger tires on my non SU. The stops are of no concern when thinking of turning, they are thin. I’ll pop a picture tomorrow.

lostboy

Equipment
lx2610
Jan 1, 2021
OK
I just bought a LX2610 2 weeks ago. I didn't know about the lurching, I don't think it has happened. The treadle peddle is a lot easier to push than my B2320. I have tapped the treadle peddle on accident and got a lurch. The sound is comparable to the b2320. It just does everything easier than the b2320.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
8 months with the SU, rops, standard size R14's, 99hours, no lurching, they are awesome tractors!

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
I’ve owned B2601 along with a Yanmar 324 and John Deere 2520 (same as 2025R pretty much) and I’ve test driven an LX2610 cab with standard R14’s (can’t get oversized tires on Cab model) and an LX3310 ROPs with large R14’s. To me there is no discernible difference on turn radius with or without the steering stops installed and I noticed no “lurching” with the LX’s, by far the Yanmar 324 was the most lurchy/jerky tractor I’ve owned or driven. The LX’s seemed very smooth and very comfortable, I placed an order for one myself ASAP after the test drives! The other tractor I test drove was an L2501 and I was amazed and how much more awkward it was to try to maneuver around the parking lot, even though it had hydrostatic, had same tire sizes, was same height, and almost same width and length as the LX. If you are doing tight work around your property it’s a great choice in my opinion.