Another Question re: MMM

srbnet

Equipment
1982 Kubota B7100 HST, 60" MMM
Mar 17, 2010
Troy, Missouri
My B7100 HST came with a 60" MMM. It's the Kubota issued unit for that time period however, I can't see anything related to the model of the MMM on it anywhere as the paint and decals are pretty scraped up. I'm looking for the two pulley shields that would mount on top. Mine are missing and I'd like to replace them if I can find them. Not sure how many models were issued for the MMM in 1982 but was hoping maybe this one is standard issue and parts easily found.
Thanks again.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
The 60 inch on mine is RC60-71H the two covers are off mine also. I beleive most people removed them due to a buildup of moisture under those covers. Dont know how loud yours is without covers mine sounds like a jet taking off (blades sing ).Pay particular attention to the idler pulley on that deck. Make sure it stays level with other pulleys. I had to put a factory shim under my idler arm to raise it up. I will take the old shaft off before summer and replace it with a new one so I can remove the shim. If I can be of any help please let me know. handy

srbnet

Equipment
Mar 17, 2010
Troy, Missouri
Handy
Thanks so much for the tip on the idler pulley and the information on the model number. Yes, mine too sounds like a airplane starting up but runs smooth. As far as the covers go, sounds like I really won't need them unless I spill my beer while mowing and step down to catch it. Appreciate all the input.
srbnet

srbnet

Equipment
Mar 17, 2010
Troy, Missouri
What year is your tractor. I'm logging part and model numbers. I would imagine in those early years the MMM models were pretty similar at a certain size, i.e. 60".

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
My 7100 is a 1983 hst. I would guess the same deck etc. I purchased bearings today for my deck I am going to rebuild the left one it takes four bearings . handy