Another new guy with questions.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Hello folks. Long time listener, first time caller here. Well, I finally went and did it. I am officially an orange tractor owner. Been needing to replace my '92 Case 1140 and after much research, including the helpful posts here, Santa showed up with his Dodge dually and gooseneck loaded with toys for me.

My new toys are listed under my username.

First question is: are any of you aware of any quirks etc. involving the L3301? I've read all about the DPF, EGR and so on. I know there is a lot of speculation about them but I guess time will tell...eventually we will probably all have to commit.

Second question: does anyone know a way to protect the finish to keep the chalking and fading to a minimum? The dealer said Kubotas are now powder coated and should not be waxed (yes, I wax my tractors). If there is any product out there to protect powder coat, I can't find it.

Thanks to all whom unknowingly affected my decision to go orange.

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I read several things and still don't know much more than I did to start with. Some say yes to wax, some say no. I did read one article that said use auto wax the specifies "safe for powder coat". Yes, I wax my tractors to.

Biggest thing I think that helps to preserve the finish is parking in a shed or building where they are out of the weather and direct sunlight.

Welcome to OTT by the way, looks like santa brought you a nice new toys.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum. Looks like nice toys for Christmas.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I guess it boils down to how anal you are about your machines. I know guys that let God wash their trucks ,cars and tractors, and bikes, but the drive line, and motors look like it came out of the factory that day. And the same other wise the body looks like a new dime under the hood or any place underneath looks like,, well it looks bad :eek:
Me I sort of go someplace in the middle I clean it so I can see if there is a leaks some place or maybe a problem at least I know what it looks like all over