Another Intro Thread...

senecak19

Equipment
Dethatcher, Brush Forks, Land Plane
Jun 20, 2013
Western MA
Like most others, I've been lurking here a little while. I'm in my mid thirties and in the process of buying my second house and decided I'd be "smarter" this go around and buy a tractor. Truthfully, I don't have much experience with tractors. My rents operate an RTV and Bobcat skidsteer and that's about the extent of my knowledge. After several discussions with a lot of people, I found one common theme amongst tractor owners; they all wished they bought them sooner. Thus, away I went to find me a tractor. I set my sights on a new B2320. Went to the dealer priced one out. Luckily I slept on it. A quick discussion with my father and and the B2320 was out. Decided to size up to a B3200. One phone call to the dealer and I was told the B3200 and the L3200 were nearly the same price. Sure the L has a more expensive bucket, but the $1000 instant rebate negates that. Tomorrow, I take delivery of my new L3200 with FEL and R4's. :) Now here comes the funny part. The house I'm looking at is a mere 2 acres... I started out looking for something to mow the lawn and clear snow. I'm probably over sized a bit, but I think its the right decision. A finish mower is in my very near future... just looking for the right one.

Aside from this, I enjoy welding, working on vehicles, skiing, Crossfit and whatever else keeps my @ss off the couch. I'm looking forward to learning from you fine folks.

Thanks in advance.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Welcome! You'll love the L3200. Until we settled on a lot next door last winter, we had a tad over 2 acres. Still don't have a large piece of land like some here, but the L3200 would have been just fine even with the original property. I use mine to mow the neighbor's 1/2 acre and it does a nice job there. When this tractor came home it was equipped with a 6' Landpride RFM.

You could get by with less of a tractor, but why be frustrated when you need a little extra muscle?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Welcome and enjoy your new tractor.

Drew584

Equipment
Kubota L3800DT W/FEL, and 60'' LP Brushhog
Jun 17, 2013
Mannford ok
Welcome, from a newbie to newbie, remember you'll always have a neighbor in need! haha!

senecak19

Equipment
Dethatcher, Brush Forks, Land Plane
Jun 20, 2013
Western MA
Welcome to the site and thank you for taking the time to share your intro with us. How about posting a couple pics when you take delivery? :)
You asked for it... here she is.

Getting dropped off.

I was finishing up this trailer when the delivery guy was en-route. Short while later I was bombing around the neighborhood.

And at the end of the day... I cleaned her up. She'd been outside at the dealer for some time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome to the orange, and remember one thing, it's always better to have a little more tractor and not need it than thinking dayum if I only had a bigger tractor,, Enjoy it and you will find things you never knew you needed to do around the place now :D

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
You asked for it... here she is.

Getting dropped off.

I was finishing up this trailer when the delivery guy was en-route. Short while later I was bombing around the neighborhood.

And at the end of the day... I cleaned her up. She'd been outside at the dealer for some time.
Senecak:

Welcome. You got a good one there. The 3200, 3400 are what produced the 3800. They were the forerunners. The size you bought is perfect for 2 acres. You will find plenty to do with it and with ease. Enjoy your new tractor.

Burt