Another dumb question?

Chevelle

Equipment
2002 L3710,blower,backblade,FEL,forks,homemade plow,homemade weight box
How do I unhook the aux hyd hoses on the back of my 02 L3710.I've tried pushing them in and turning them but no luck.Whats the trick or is there one? Thanks in advance for your answers !!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Push the male fitting in slightly, pull the collar back on the female fitting and then pull strait out, no twisting required.

Note: Some of the higher end fittings have locks on the collars, if the collar will not move back look for a dimple and a slot that needs lined up.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
You may have the Quick Disconnect style fittings if there is not a collar on the female fitting that will slide back.

As unbelievable as it sounds, the line has to be given a quick and firm jerk and they pop apart. It is an uncomfortably violent process until you get used to it.

This works best if there is no pressure on the hydraulic system. If the lever has a float setting then put it in float first.

Chevelle

Equipment
2002 L3710,blower,backblade,FEL,forks,homemade plow,homemade weight box
You may have the Quick Disconnect style fittings if there is not a collar on the female fitting that will slide back.

As unbelievable as it sounds, the line has to be given a quick and firm jerk and they pop apart. It is an uncomfortably violent process until you get used to it.

This works best if there is no pressure on the hydraulic system. If the lever has a float setting then put it in float first.
yes,that is the type I believe I have but never would have dreamed of yanking on those lines......wow !!!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I haven't seen that type. :confused:
Good to know about that. ;)

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Actually you will find that they come apart fairly easy if you first push in and then pull out. All in one quick motion.

Those type of couplers are designed so that if you forget to unplug the hoses from an implement and you drive away, they will uncouple on their own and no damage is done other than the male end is dirty. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its kind of frustrating to see someone fight with them, hitting with hammers and so on. Give it a good tug and it should release. Pressure relieved with engine off.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Good to hear it worked out for you. See, it wasn't a dumb question at all!

Next time you can be the guy with the answer. That is what we are here for.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I've never seen that - is it like a huge zerk fitting?

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Kinda,sorta ? A good yank and out it comes.I guess if ya drive off and forget it theres no damage done !!!
I have those type of fittings on the front of my big tractor for hooking up the hydraulic hoses to my grapple. One of them is stubborn and won't release just by jerking on it or pushing in and then jerking all in one motion.

I finally figured out the way to do it. Reach behind the female part and pull it out towards you. Then pull on the male part. It releases easily.

Wish I had a video of this. It's hard to explain but easy to do.