and for my 2nd post ! a hitch question !

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I have a circa1985 L235dt

my tractor has a hitch that looks like this

I need one that looks like this

The dealer doesnt show one - but my owners manual does

Any ideas ? I am using this tractor for hauling firewood and would like to pull with the hitch verses the 3pt

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Captjack. If all else fails a local welding shop could make one up fairly quick. Or if your handy make it yourself. There are also tractor recyclers that will ship it to you if they have it. West Kentucky tractor parts, try Messicks and there are other guys out there ,Wengers etc. Good luck. :cool:

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
well after some more digging, i found out that the swing draw bar assembly shows up under the l275dt parts lookup.

At the cost of 600 bucks I think I will fab my own !

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Thanks Vic,

I have welded up a 2 inch receiver hitch that bolts to the 3pt drawbar and is braced at the top with the top link(like the ones on ebay)

My concern was pulling heavy loads such as trailers with firewood etc etc. with the 3pt draw bar. I was under the impression that I should pull heavy loads with the swing draw bar.

I think what I might do is mount a 2 inch receiver stock under the tractor with plates that bolt up in several locations and then I would have more options because I could use any 2 inch tongue (clevis/ball/pin etc etc)

Or am i worried about nothing ? Should I just tow with the 3pt and see what happens - the tractor is less than 3k lbs so it cant tow real heave heavy loads anyway i guess.

Thoughts ?