An Opinion Needed

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
D2cat, you do nice work. Great find, best of luck with it.
Thanks. I am thankful in that I have a knack for seeing things others don't/can't. I just found and purchased a pallet fork frame for a mini skid steer, new for $150. I'll have to remove the mini quick attach plate and fabricate one that fits full size machines. It's brand new and unused. Titan sells them for $480. I've had two 42" forks laying at the farm for a few years. Now I have a place to hang them!

A few years ago I went to the local scrapper with a friend. We were talking and both of us was looking for a picnic table. So I told him we'd both go scrounging and when we were done looking we'd see what we found. If he saw it, he got it. If I saw it, I got it.

When we were done he didn't see anything. I walked him over to a huge pile of various steel and asked him if he saw anything in there. He didn't! In there was the frame for a picnic table, entire thing was 1 1/4" pipe and angle iron. I bought it and eventually put boards on it that I picked up from a yard sale that were the 2x10 from a water bed. Those boards are on that table to this day! It's my table at the farm.

Just have to have an attitude of "What could I make of this or use this for"?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thanks. I am thankful in that I have a knack for seeing things others don't/can't. I just found and purchased a pallet fork frame for a mini skid steer, new for $150. I'll have to remove the mini quick attach plate and fabricate one that fits full size machines. It's brand new and unused. Titan sells them for $480. I've had two 42" forks laying at the farm for a few years. Now I have a place to hang them!

A few years ago I went to the local scrapper with a friend. We were talking and both of us was looking for a picnic table. So I told him we'd both go scrounging and when we were done looking we'd see what we found. If he saw it, he got it. If I saw it, I got it.

When we were done he didn't see anything. I walked him over to a huge pile of various steel and asked him if he saw anything in there. He didn't! In there was the frame for a picnic table, entire thing was 1 1/4" pipe and angle iron. I bought it and eventually put boards on it that I picked up from a yard sale that were the 2x10 from a water bed. Those boards are on that table to this day! It's my table at the farm.

Just have to have an attitude of "What could I make of this or use this for"?
You must share a talent that a friend of my daughter had.

She could walk out in the yard and find a four leaf clover in no time. I have yet to find one myself...

JDChase

Equipment
Grand L6040 HSTC, XG 850, B 26 TLB, Z 726 zero turn.
Mar 13, 2022
Greeneville, TN
Was at the local scrapper to buy some steel for a project. Noticed this bucket on a pile of junk steel about 10' off the scale lane. Looked at it and couldn't see why it was in that pile. After crawling in/over to get a better look, noticed the tabs for the locking pin of the quick attach were bent to smithereens. I though it was a 5' bucket so wasn't real interested, but remember the Kubota number. Well, after seeing what it fit and realizing it was 6' I went back and bought it.

My question is how are those pin locks bent up so bad? The bucket has zero paint missing anywhere on it, including the cutting edge. Paint is faded some.
It was probably bent during shipping and hung around the dealer with great intentions until it got faded and then just scrapped. The dealer probably got a free replacement.