Aluma 6812H Trailer + BX25D

NetMagi

Equipment
BX25D (sold), L2501HST w/BH77 Backhoe
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
In case anyone was wondering on this combo. . .

I know I spent a lot of time when I was trailer shopping trying to figure out what would fit on what, and didn't find many "loaded" pics.

I previously had a 5x8 carry-on el-cheapo steel trailer, and swapped it for an Aluma 6812H when I got tired of the junk trailer rusting. I didn't buy the Aluma for the BX, but I always had it in the back of my mind that in a pinch, I was pretty sure it would fit with the bucket off (I have a quick-attach)

Gave it a try today, and sure enough, it does. Would actually fit with the bucket on if I chained the BH to the tongue, but I like the idea of the BH actually set down on the trailer bed.

Now. . before you go out and buy a single-axle 12' trailer for your BX, this would -NOT- be my choice if I was hauling my BX daily, or even monthly. IF you're in the "business" of moving your tractor around, a 16" with two axles is the way to go.

Personally, I own 3 properties, all within 30 minutes of eachother, and I *would* absolutely use it for occasionally ferrying the tractor between the 3.

Bucket would fit on the front of the trailer on the side opposite the BH, but it's much easier to drop it onto the bed of the pickup with the quick-attach first.

The 6812H trailers have a single 3500# axle.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Nice looking trailer.
How are you "tying down" the tractor. There don't seem to be many places along the trailer bed to wrap/hook a chain or strap.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Beautiful trailer! How does that ramp work for you -- not too short? What do you use for jacks (if anything) when loading?

I hope you will consider adding another axle. I'm sure for your load and distance, the trailer is adequate, but as yamatitan noted, you really are pushing it a bit with only one axle; your safety and particularly your handling would be greatly enhanced. I'm looking at adding one to my 5x10, and like the prices and service at etrailer.com; I've used them for all my upgrades.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Thanks for sharing and subjecting yourself to the internet trailer police. While I fully agree a tandem would be better, I'm willing to bet you're not overloaded. Tractordata says a BX is only about 1400lbs. Drive safe and make sure you are balanced with enough tongue weight. That makes the most impact on stability in my experience.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
While I fully agree a tandem would be better, I'm willing to bet you're not overloaded. Tractordata says a BX is only about 1400lbs.
I'd say he's pushing the limits weight wise. Kubota site says just the tractor alone weighs 1587 lbs. Add the BH and fel I would guess it more like 2500 -3000 lbs.

That said it is a nice looking rig. I started out with a single (7k) axle trailer with my 7100 and did the best I could until I could afford a double axle trailer.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
In case anyone was wondering on this combo. . .
Like the other guys said, this combo is woefully inadequate!!

However, if you send that piece of crap trailer up north a-ways, I'll find a better use for it!! Might have a BX on it during fact-finding.:p:p

Seriously - like you, I only need to travel about 8 miles max a few times a year on country roads. It's tough to justify the $$$ for a better-suited trailer. So far, I don't have one...:eek:

NetMagi

Equipment
BX25D (sold), L2501HST w/BH77 Backhoe
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It has hoops welded in the center, along the rails, but I have a set of (4) recessed ring-type tie downs with 1/2 thick backing plates that I haven't gotten around to installing yet on the 4 corners of the floor.

I've seen other people use the stake pockets as tie-down points, but I would never trust those for this type of load.

Also picked up a set of 2" straps when I bought the rings.

The ramp was fine. I added a few 5/4 deck board scraps I had laying around stacked two high (1.5" total rise) at the base of the ramp to keep the BH from rubbing on the ramp, and I used standard car jack stands under the upper rail on the ramp to keep the trailer from lifting my truck at the hitch (and take the extra stress off the ramp hinges):