Alec Baldwin facing prison and shouldnt be.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Nothing screams gun expert like purple hair!!
My highly educated daughter with blue tips in her hair would call out your misogyny for that statement.
I have seen her targets and she is a damn good shot.

Sorry about going off topic.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: If I remember correctly, a bullet was lodged in the barrel and a blank fired which forced the bullet out of the barrel and into Brandon Lee. Was the actor in that scenario responsible for the death of Brandon

yes. EVERYONE who comes into posession of a firearm is RESPONSIBLE as to it being 'safe'. EVERY firearm is to be treated as 'LOADED and LETHAL' until the current person confirms that it isn't.

I have to wonder HOW a bullet got lodged in that weapon, if ONLY blanks were in it ? Something smells real 'fishy'......

In any event AB WAS the person in charge of the weapon, guilty.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
After reading Wolfman’s response in which he referred to “not reading all” of a link….. I realized I hadn’t even Noticed…a link. So I went back …found the link to the indictment…and read it.

I admit that the indictment is very strong against Baldwin as well as some others.

Baldwin apparently Did Ignore on numerous occasions movie industry safeguards…and the entire movie set had suffered safety-issues.

Pages 4 and 5 are particularly damning.

It’s a different industry…and lots of times movie actors are filmed pointing guns at other actors and firing the gun. This is clearly a violation of gun-safety. It begs the question ‘Did this particular event differ greatly from accepted actions on movie sets.’

In aviation we train with ”fake airplanes” called simulators. I was a simulator instructor and pilot examiner for the last ten years of my career.
We have a saying in aviation: “Train like you fly. Fly like you Train.”
In other words, don’t ”play” when training. Train as if it is Real.

This would not work in movies where an actor has to pretend to shoot someone. That may be conducive to disregarding safety-checks and becoming acclimated to accepting dangerous behavior.

I hate this happened. I blame primarily the armorer, but clearly Baldwin shoulders some of the blame.

I’ll bet he pays more for it than O.J. Simpson.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
My highly educated daughter with blue tips in her hair would call out your misogyny for that statement.
What makes you think the person’s sex is the important part of the hair color statement? Misogyny?

As you know, there are a lot of highly educated people who are fairly worthless. Education doesn’t give anyone a free pass.

That being said, I don’t know what hair color or sex or misogyny has to do with the discussion. :D

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Fwiw, it seems many people in this thread are not reading all posts before responding. That’s pretty normal, but pretty funny, too.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Caught myself reading this entire thread, then realized I couldn't care less about Baldwin, or most "famous" people.

Maybe the OTT dialogue entertained me...;)

These folks live in a make-believe world, cushioned with lots of $$ and admiration from folks that think they're important or relevant. Legends in their own minds....

Entertainment and Sports industries have produced a lot of them.

Otherwise, they eat and make turds, just like I do..... :poop:

They probably think their :poop: :poop: don't stink....

Last edited:

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I was a simulator instructor and pilot examiner for the last ten years of my career.
We have a saying in aviation: “Train like you fly. Fly like you Train.”
My younger Brother is a Pilot. He says its about "Achieving an equal number of take-offs and landings, whatever it takes'.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It’s a bit dated but I still think it’s relevant…worth reading. I appreciated the message at the end of how aweful what happened to the victim and their family…they are the ones that won’t see their loved one again.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The question I have is: Is it normal on movie sets for actors to check firearms for real ammo ..?? ..or is it more customary to rely upon the armorer?
Currently there is no SOP or rule in the SAG, but it is traditional standard for the actor to be with the armorer when the firearm (or prop) is inspected. Hence, the reason for the pellet in the dummy rounds. Shake em and you know what they are. Also, live ammo is generally not allowed on a set. I'm sure there are exceptions? Even so, I know there are never allowed to be live ammo and blanks/ dummy on set at the same time.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Currently there is no SOP or rule in the SAG, but it is traditional standard for the actor to be with the armorer when the firearm (or prop) is inspected. Hence, the reason for the pellet in the dummy rounds. Shake em and you know what they are. Also, live ammo is generally not allowed on a set. I'm sure there are exceptions? Even so, I know there are never allowed to be live ammo and blanks/ dummy on set at the same time.
There was an excellent piece about this Baldwin issue, on Fox News Prime Time tonight!
Baldwin and armorer have both been indicted for involuntary manslaughter.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
One Word,
NEPOTISM.... Just like a LOT of unqualified people in hollywood.

Her father was a long time professional armorer...
and she got the golden ticket.

She is not much of a professional though... A quick search on line and all you find is pictures of her showing off her T&A posing with pistols and displaying ugly tattoos...
25 years old.
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed

I haven't really followed this, but if I hope she gets slapped with a huge civil suit. along with Baldwin.

View attachment 94996
"a huge civil suit"???

Think SHE has cash??
The 'ol saying is: you can't get blood from a stone!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The civil suit has already been settled for an undisclosed amount and terms.
They have already settled the money end of this, now it's just all about judicial blame and punishment.

As Agent Sadusky said in National treasure, "Someone's got to go to prison"

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Everyone should read the entire Probable Cause statement from the Dirstrict Attorney:
Granted its one sided in that it lays out the state's case.

It shows that Alec Baldwin was grossly neglagent both as an individual (the actor) and as the employer (the producer by not enforcing standard safety protocols). There is plenty of blame to go around, the armour and assistant director were also negligent and are facing charges also.
While I’m aware that’s the state’s side of it, and Baldwin may present evidence to the contrary, thank you for posting that.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
The PA released why they are charging him….

Failed to attend safety briefings and the like. Apparently there is a whole bunch of steps actors are required to take prior to handling a gun on set. Even Alec Baldwin. He did none of the prerequisites for handling a gun on set. That is why they are charging him.

I really do think this comes down to routine gun handlers and those that pretend. I believe we saw the outcome of a pretend handgun officianado with the reality of what a hand gun does when put in the hands of a pretender. Elementary rule #1 it’s not a toy. You don’t play with your weapon. He did exactly that. Not to mention all the rules he broke after that, like pointing etc. But it gets murky. Regardless, he didn’t do what he was required to do as an actor. He has a job that requires him to take the steps to handle a gun on set safely. We will see how this all shapes up.

I can’t stand the guy but personally? I have never met him. Have you? He has the same rights as all the rest of us. A trial by a jury. I am happy with that measure. You?

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
My only comment is; why can't we let the justice system work as it's intended and accept the results.

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
We have known this since like 1865.

"Never trust an actor with a gun".
-Abraham Lincoln

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user