AIR PRESSURE

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
One of my rear tire looks low. They are loaded from the deal. I’m a newbie with tractors and have posted lots. Trying to learn as much as I can and I have learned lots from OTT. My question is how do I check the air I’m loaded tires and how much air should be in them........... thanks for all the help

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
One of my rear tire looks low. They are loaded from the deal. I’m a newbie with tractors and have posted lots. Trying to learn as much as I can and I have learned lots from OTT. My question is how do I check the air I’m loaded tires and how much air should be in them........... thanks for all the help
Move the tractor until the schrader valve is at the 12-o’clock position (where it’s in the air-pocket that is indicated by the numeral “1” arrowed in the depiction…) and THAT is where the valve should be to check air pressure. (Your Owner’s Manual is your friend.)
4C6AE822-C62C-4320-BBFE-61D82FE28458.png

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
To check air pressure rotate the tire until the valve is at the top. That will put air behind the valve. The tire should be no more than 3/4 full so there will be air space. If it's a rear tire it should have about fifteen pounds of pressure.

Whatscooking

Equipment
Grand L 3130. BX2360. RTV900. GRASSHOPPER 721D
May 19, 2021
Indiana
Valve stem to the top, i still blow a little out the valve by pressing on the pin so as to not get stuff blown into your guage. Rear of a BX i think is 18 psi

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
Awesome thanks so much for the help. I’m still learning. And sill stupid on a lot of stuff

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
And you should probably let a bit of air out to blow out the valve stem before you check the pressure (or blow some air into the stem works)

I believe that there are air gauges that will work better with loaded tires and survive the liquid better than normal gauges.

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
As russell king mentioned they do make gauges specifically for loaded tires. Milton industries air/water tire pressure gauge is one that is made to check loaded tires. I have one for my tractor, its tires are filled with calcium chloride. and that gauge will measure the pressure with the valve stem at any position. Any fluid that gets into the gauge will make a small mess but a rag or towel over the end when you remove the gauge prevents the mess. When i am done the gauge is cleanable to remove any calcium chloride to prevent it from corroding the gauge. I also have a very basic brass air chuck to inflate the tire if needed that can be cleaned easily.

kcs

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Jan 9, 2021
Virginia
As russell king mentioned they do make gauges specifically for loaded tires. Milton industries air/water tire pressure gauge is one that is made to check loaded tires. I have one for my tractor, its tires are filled with calcium chloride. and that gauge will measure the pressure with the valve stem at any position. Any fluid that gets into the gauge will make a small mess but a rag or towel over the end when you remove the gauge prevents the mess. When i am done the gauge is cleanable to remove any calcium chloride to prevent it from corroding the gauge. I also have a very basic brass air chuck to inflate the tire if needed that can be cleaned easily.

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
Your nearest advance auto parts or farm and fleet store may have it in stock. If neither have it you can get it online from the usual places.