Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3350C, FEL, Pallet fork, Backhoe, Back snowblower, Rear Mower, Box scrapper
Apr 20, 2017
St-Jerome, QC, Canada
jorush.ca
Hi all,

Does anybody have found a solution for stopping this:

I thought about putting a "bra" that could "pre-filter" on front but I think this might cause problem.

I have a really hard time with the clogged grill and radiator screens. I have to clean it every 20-30 minutes. I do lots of bush hogging and now at this time of season, every plants tries to attack my tractor.

Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly there is not much to do besides constantly cleaning it off.
Also check the filter in front of the radiator too!

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
My little B4200 is missing the metal wave screen these older B's use. I found using a piece of universal house a/c filter, 1 " thick, cut to fit the front of the radiator works excellent for grass and exactly what you have on your screen. After mowing all I need to do is vacuum it off. The depth and construction of the filter does not allow the filter to clog. The only thing that makes it thru is very fine dust, that will blow out.
Anyway try cutting a piece to cover your grills, I think this will work for you. Jeff

captmikem

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660 MX 4800 and a bunch of attachments.
Mar 16, 2017
SW Washington State.
A piece of porch screen (fiber not metal) is really flexible. I glued 3 small round magnets on each side of the screen and it slap over the front and stays there, just takes a moment to take it off, shake it and put it back on. The holes in the screen do not clog and stay like the holes in the grill.

M

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
Just keep a bench brush with you & keep the screens clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro