Agric Rotary Tiller oil Change

shanemorgan

Equipment
B6100D Agric AL-35 Rotary Tiller
Hi All,
This is my first post. I have a B6100 tractor and have just bought a second hand Agric AL-35 Rotary Tiller. I have just changed the gear box oil. It had a creamy coloured sludge in it. I replaced it with 85w140 gear oil. I am changing the oil in the chain drive which doesn't seem to have a drain plug. Does anyone else have one of these and if so is there an easy way to drain the oil.

I tried to get the oil out with a suction syringe pump but couldn't get the tube past the gears & chain. The only way I can get the oil out was to undo the bottom bolts and let it drip out. It is very thick oil so it is a very slow drip. I don't want to undo all of them in case I damage the gasket.

I plan on using the 85w140 oil in the chain drive as well. Does this sound right.

Can anyone help with how to get the oil out?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sometimes it's required to remove covers to get them to drain, this also allows you to inspect, adjust chains / gear lash, and clean out the case.

If you don't want to do that, maybe you can either turn the unit over or up to get the fill port on the bottom?

shanemorgan

Equipment
B6100D Agric AL-35 Rotary Tiller
Thanks for the reply, I finally drained the oil out of the chain drive and have realised that the oil from the gear box is leaking into the chain drive. The chain drive case was nearly full of oil. I would say the last owner kept on filling the gear box until it filled the chain drive case.

My question is, What seals the oil between the gear box and chain drive?
Is it a bearing seal or a shaft seal?