Aftermarket engine parts suppliers for D950?

fastline

Feb 13, 2022
usa
Looking to see if anyone here has located places in the USA to get parts? I have priced some factory parts and I might as well go find another engine before paying these stupid prices!

I primarily just want piston rings and head gasket, but I might settle for a piston kit and top end kit. In my experience, piston rings and pistons usually need to match, which might push me either back to OEM for rings, or complete pistons.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Looking to see if anyone here has located places in the USA to get parts? I have priced some factory parts and I might as well go find another engine before paying these stupid prices!

I primarily just want piston rings and head gasket, but I might settle for a piston kit and top end kit. In my experience, piston rings and pistons usually need to match, which might push me either back to OEM for rings, or complete pistons.
Last I looked Kumar Brothers had most things at reasonable prices but Kubota was not that much more. Have the OEM prices jumped recently?

Dan

fastline

Feb 13, 2022
usa
I've never bought Bota parts so couldn't tell ya but $100 for a set of 3 rings for a piston? $300 just to put rings in it? A normally sane price is probably $25-35.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is only three options I would recommend:
All genuine dealer supplied Kubota parts: This option will easily run you 2K for all the parts needed.

or

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As I have no direct experience, take this with a grain of salt. Recall several folks having issues with Kumar parts.

Heads seemed to be a more common problem, having to be re-worked on a couple occasions.

Again, a grain of salt is warranted. Maybe rings are fine.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
As I have no direct experience, take this with a grain of salt. Recall several folks having issues with Kumar parts.

Heads seemed to be a more common problem, having to be re-worked on a couple occasions.

Again, a grain of salt is warranted. Maybe rings are fine.

I am from across the pond (EU) and i like to source my parts from www.trakter.com - greece (you can search by tractor model and the price gap between OEM and Genuine is kind of evident. And I wanted to try these too https://www.stavros-savva-co-ltd.com.cy/ (cyprus) There is also another website I think called Www.yenebiz.com or yenibiz.

I know they are not within USA but might help?

North Idaho wolfman: I am keeping an eye on rebuild kits on Ebay.co.uk and they all look cheapish compared to the prices on the website I mentioned and all these kits seem to be delivered from China so ... are they Chinese Made or? :(