Adding power steering to a B8200

project_x

Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa
DsBota,
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I ma having a hard time finding the connection point of the far end of this valve...

I am trying to add power steering to my tractor using the same valve. Would it be possible to take some pictures of where the end of the valve attaches to the pitman arm?
Specifically where part #13 attaches in this diagram of your valve?

Are you able to steer without hydraulics?

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
The valve and the cylinder connect at the pitman at the same location. One on top of each others swivel eye with a long bolt. This way you can still steer without hydraulics. Since my original posting this I've replaced the hoses and got a smaller cylinder. Still works great.

project_x

Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa
The valve and the cylinder connect at the pitman at the same location. One on top of each others swivel eye with a long bolt. This way you can still steer without hydraulics. Since my original posting this I've replaced the hoses and got a smaller cylinder. Still works great.

Perfect, I just couldn't find a link anywhere to see where that end connected.
Did the cylinder fail? Or did you improve your mod?
Thanks,
Rob

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
The cylinder didn't fail, it was to short of a stroke and the bore was a little to large. I got the cylinder and the swivel ends from princess auto. What model are you putting it on? Here are some picture and sorry about the quality.
IMG00416-20110831-2019.jpg IMG00417-20110831-2019.jpg IMG00418-20110831-2020.jpg IMG00419-20110831-2020.jpg

project_x

Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa
The cylinder didn't fail, it was to short of a stroke and the bore was a little to large. I got the cylinder and the swivel ends from princess auto. What model are you putting it on? Here are some picture and sorry about the quality.
View attachment 3903 View attachment 3904 View attachment 3905 View attachment 3906
thanks, those pictures are perfect

it is actually going to go on a Yanmar 1602d, a 22hp tractor. i need a 5" stroke for mine, i have the valve, i just couldn't find the connection of the valve to the pitman.

Gedas

Nov 23, 2014
Kaunas, Lithuania
DsBota,
I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I ma having a hard time finding the connection point of the far end of this valve...

I am trying to add power steering to my tractor using the same valve. Would it be possible to take some pictures of where the end of the valve attaches to the pitman arm?
Specifically where part #13 attaches in this diagram of your valve?

Are you able to steer without hydraulics?
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what would I need and how much it will end up for me to get power steering. Can you please tell me what kind of control valve #20 and what cylinder #4 in this schematic drawing.

Thank you

luckyluc

Equipment
B7100 hst complete rebuild paint finis
Aug 20, 2016
ST Urbain
Finally got my fittings and was able to put it together. Works amazing even at idle:). I will eventually make a better bracket up for the steering knuckle and get new hoses for the cylinder. Have about $300 into it so far.

View attachment 2468 View attachment 2469 View attachment 2470 View attachment 2471
an you supply complete parts list an were did you found parts i dream to make my
B7100 hst power steering on kijij what adress

on my side i can help you with type of paint god good sucess i use to make my tractor look like new
I use Urethane primer an paint 2 parts Brand :Glass shield cat: GS275-50c paint code 2820055 mach perfect after i paint send all with fujishu grade1200 whater paper an finis with buffing until came like a piece of glass