Adding photo's to my post

jjgag60

Apr 17, 2019
washington, state
Can someone explain how to add photo's to a post. I read the instructions and it said you can only add to a new thread not a reply to a thread. I understand how to click on the attachment arrow but in each case I get "photo failed to load". I must be doing something wrong. Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My guess, is that your photo is to big to be uploaded. Hopefully someone with more computer skills than I can come along and help further.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Can someone explain how to add photo's to a post. I read the instructions and it said you can only add to a new thread not a reply to a thread. I understand how to click on the attachment arrow but in each case I get "photo failed to load". I must be doing something wrong. Thanks
I'm not sure of the instructions you are reading, you can add attachments in a reply to a thread. Where are you seeing an attachment arrow or are you talking about the "Manage Attachments" button? When you press the button, do you get a dialog box that looks like this:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Along those lines why do most of my and others pics show up as small thumb type pics?
When you do an attachment, it only puts a thumbnail of the image. While the "Manage Attachment" dialog box is still up, you can right-click on the "Current Attachments" and "Copy Link Location", then click on the Image icon, paste the link.

You will see both the thumbnail at the bottom of the post and the full size image.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it opens, but why does't come up full sized without having to click the thumbnail?
In Utopia, Go back and look at your pic post, I edited it to make it do what you want it to do, hit edit and you'll see what I added.