Adding loader and backhoe to BX?

nglauer

Sep 28, 2017
US
I'm sure it has been asked before, but I couldn't locate an answer. My father has a BX24 with the loader, backhoe, mid mount deck, and power PTO bagger.

I'm curious, if I were to buy a newer BX, could I utilize his loader or backhoe? I realize I would need the wet lines, which the tractor I looked at (used) had the control and front wet lines. Is it as simple as adding loader brackets? Where could I purchase them aside from a dealer? Is it possible to add brackets to utilize his backhoe?

Thanks! The used unit I looked at was a BX 2660 with an "Xtra power" decal. I'm just looking at ways to help maintain the property - and the idea of sharing attachments is appealing to me. Especially if I purchase attachments he doesn't currently have (brush hog, roto tiller, back blade) to share.

Thanks again,
Nick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I bought my BX25D1 as I had to have a BH. I can no longer use a shovel since getting a new hip. Getting older sucks. That aside we looked at first the option of converting a tractor to accept a BH but I could not find enough part sources from used tractors. I thought this was a good thing as many keep their tractors a long time.

I am sure the subframe kit is available new at Kubota. Once on the bottom of your tractor the mechanical hookup would be easy as the same BH is used over several years and models. THe hydraulics I think are the same on the back for both the 24 and 25 series with or without a BH. THe BH has all the controls it is just the 3 connections, one from a hose that disconnects with a male and female fitting and the third lower fitting on the frame.

Remember the BH Frame limits MMM hook ups and belly guard mounts, but I did not mind this so much.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm curious, if I were to buy a newer BX, could I utilize his loader or backhoe? I realize I would need the wet lines, which the tractor I looked at (used) had the control and front wet lines. Is it as simple as adding loader brackets? Where could I purchase them aside from a dealer? Is it possible to add brackets to utilize his backhoe?

You will not be able to use the Loader or the Backhoe off of a BX24, they won't fit.
They don't make brackets that will fit it, the B2660 is too different.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Unless I'm mistaken, the bx uses a different frame for tractors with backhoes. Any other implements should work.

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
ipz2222, I changed it, I did mean the BX2660. :eek:

The issue is the BX24 is an older design and to my knowledge all the implements changed when the changed to the BX25D and now again to the BX23S.
Implements off of the BX25D and BX23S models might fit the BX2660 as they are of the same design era. ;)

Last edited:

nglauer

Sep 28, 2017
US
ipz2222, I changed it, I did mean the BX2660. :eek:

The issue is the BX24 is an older design and to my knowledge all the implements changed when the changed to the BX25D and now again to the BX23S.
Implements off of the BX25D and BX23S models might fit the BX2660 as they are of the same design era. ;)
That's odd, both tractors look a like? Both appear to be the same frame, body panels etc. Only difference I could tell was the fenders and hood on dad's are composite and this tractor had metal. Is the frame different? Dad's BX even has the exact same control and hydraulic hook up on the front as the BX2660 I looked at.

Thanks again! I may just end up going to a larger tractor and adapting a backhoe I already have laying around from a New Holland skid steer. I doubt I woukd use one enough to justify buying it new. Although Dad's BX backhoe has been used more than we ever dreamed (sure beats a shovel).

Kind regards,
Nick

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The BX24 takes a LA240 loader where the BX2660 takes the LA243A loader.
There is subtle differences in the models, but the subtle differances can make the LA240 not fit and for the subframe to not fit.
I do not see where the BX2660 even has the option to add a subframe for the backhoe use.

Would the others implements fit, maybe, but from my experience if Kubota says only one loader fits, only that loader will fit. ;)

pinstripefan90

Equipment
BX25D, FEL&BH, Piranha tooth bar, Bucket hooks, Pallet forks, Back blade
Sep 8, 2017
New York
I looked into all of this when I was shopping around for my Kubota, I went to the dealer and priced out a brand new bx and asked if I could just buy one with a front loader and add a backhoe eventually, the bx series does not have a bolt on subframe for the backhoe and the frames of a bx with and without a backhoe are different. Based on what the dealer told me I gathered that if you buy a bx without a backhoe it can never have one so I ended up buying a used bx25d from another dealer that had a backhoe and loader with it. As far as the loader I think it should be able to be swapped but I would call a dealer with part numbers to be safe.

- Jake

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
When I bought my BX2360 4+ years ago, dealer told me a Kubota-brand backhoe could not be added to it after the fact.

Needed one of the TLB models, like pinstripe mentioned from his research.....

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Just buy the new BX24s and be done with it. As stated implements will not fit. The loader could fit, but you need the mid mount brackets for both machines and the BX2660 that you are looking at, does it have a valve and joystick, because those are options.

Pat