Adding hydraulic motor to L185

Portugalbricolage

Equipment
Kubota l185
Nov 17, 2020
Portugal
Hey guys,

I have a L185 and currently projecting a DIY slide mower for a vineyard. My question is how to add a hydraulic motor for this new implement without losing the 3point hitch hydraulic? I want to use the output that is already available in the rear, as you can see in attatchment . Thanks you in advance

Attachments

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
As your tractor sits it will not operate a hydraulic motor. With only one hose to the rear you can only push oil out and the implement will force the oil back to the tractor usually by gravity.

This is a smaller tractor and the hydraulic pump is not built to run with a load all the time. There will be to much heat created and the volume will be to low.

A sickle bar mower that runs off the PTO might do what you need.

Or making an offset mower that will be self powered might work.

Other ideas, https://www.google.com/search?q=homemade+ditch+mowers&sxsrf=ALeKk02-SqJEwnXDUN5bS_pYW5OFAAuDaQ:1605651016142&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=gvX_z1Zy3Iz2xM%2Cc5t9DaKuewPWOM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRqhVcqziOdjNyUhjOZ2IEjFp7L9Q&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiF2MyTzIrtAhWPxFkKHTQWC9kQ9QF6BAgHECo&biw=1517&bih=694#imgrc=4zzT5r3PYz3vKM

I do not know what you have available to you.

Portugalbricolage

Equipment
Kubota l185
Nov 17, 2020
Portugal
Thank you for the tips and suggestions. Now I m concerning about the heat and the lack of flow.
Apllying the 2 hoses on the hydraulic motor, conect 1 to the output of the image and the return to the tank.
The goal is to apply on a existing implement the slide mower like on this vídeo. But not with 2, just 1.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
In the video it looks like the tractor is running a pto driven pump. Is this do able for you? That would allow you to add a tank for the oil that would let the oil cool.

Reactions: 1 user

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Agree with BigG. Many older tractors used a LoveJoy coupler on the front of the crankshaft and rant a PTO pump off that to operate auz. implements like your proposing... as well as for add on FEL's etc.