Adding BH65 to B2620

Crapmaster

Equipment
B2620
Jul 3, 2017
Snohomish, WA
I have a 2013 B2620 with the FEL and I'm looking to add the BH65 backhoe. I was lucky enough to find a used BH65 for $4k and I'm considering to buy that. That being said, I want to make sure that I will get it hooked up to my tractor without getting charged an arm and a leg in the process. The seller will include the subframe with the hoe, but he will not mess with the hydraulics parts, so I will be on my own to get the plumbing doe. A couple of questions related to this:

1. Does someone have good instructions on how to the hydraulics and what parts are needed ? Pics or videos are even better.

2. Can this be done by using generic parts without going to Kubota ? Kubota has a BH4965 subframe mounting kit for the BH65, which comes with the subframe and the hydraulics kit, but like said, I would get the subframe from the seller and would only need the hydraulics kit. Don't want to pay $894 to Kubota for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Crapmaster

Equipment
B2620
Jul 3, 2017
Snohomish, WA
I have a 2013 B2620 with the FEL and I'm looking to add the BH65 backhoe. I was lucky enough to find a used BH65 for $4k and I'm considering to buy that. That being said, I want to make sure that I will get it hooked up to my tractor without getting charged an arm and a leg in the process. The seller will include the subframe with the hoe, but he will not mess with the hydraulics parts, so I will be on my own to get the plumbing doe. A couple of questions related to this:

1. Does someone have good instructions on how to the hydraulics and what parts are needed ? Pics or videos are even better.

2. Can this be done by using generic parts without going to Kubota ? Kubota has a BH4965 subframe mounting kit for the BH65, which comes with the subframe and the hydraulics kit, but like said, I would get the subframe from the seller and would only need the hydraulics kit. Don't want to pay $894 to Kubota for that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
After doing more research, this is how I understand how the hydraulics on the B2620 should be modified to work with BH65:

1. Disconnect the existing metal hydraulic line from the Power Beyond port to the 3pt hitch.

2. Connect a new hydraulic hose with suitable fittings to the PB port, this is IN to the BH65.

3. Connect a new hydraulic hose with suitable fittings to the 3pt hitch, this is OUT from the BH65.

Is this correct ? Am I missing something ? If this is correct, can someone help me on getting the correct fittings and hose parts, I'm totally new to tractor hydraulics, but have done a fair deal of house plumbing, which makes me think I couldn't mess this too bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Did you get any books with it? When I bought my BH65 used for my B2920 it came with books that showed how to hook it up. If you go to www.kubotabooks.com they have the parts book on PDF and it shows all the fittings you need.