Adding a tool box / tool storage

Rip

Equipment
MX5400
Sep 18, 2021
Arkansas
I would like to find a way to install a tool box inside my tractor cab. Nothing big, just something to hold things like plyers, a vice grips, a common sized wrench or two, wire cutter... Things you might need out in the field. I wouldn't be against mounting it to the outside but obviously it would need to be water tight and lockable. Just wondering what you guys may have done with yours. Oh, my tractor is a MX5400. Thanks.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
This won't help because you have a really real tractor and I have a glorified lawnmower, but I used an ammo can. Fits the bill of what you may want to use anyways. Just put it on yesterday.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I use a .50 caliber ammo box mounted to my ROPs. I'm going to add another one to the other side as well.
Easy to find at surplus stores, garage sales, etc. Or they can be found online. Cheap, water tight, and lockable. At least most are. And they come in any color you'd like as long as its O.D. green. :)

Reactions: 2 users

Rip

Equipment
MX5400
Sep 18, 2021
Arkansas
This won't help because you have a really real tractor and I have a glorified lawnmower, but I used an ammo can. Fits the bill of what you may want to use anyways. Just put it on yesterday.
I have thought about the ammo box but I have a cab so I can't mount it to the ROP's. I was looking for something that I could maybe mount behind the seat or to the outside of the cab like on the back.

Rip

Equipment
MX5400
Sep 18, 2021
Arkansas
Here is mine…
I have thought about a standard tool box and it would give me more options than an ammo box as far as size and maybe a tray inside it. But my problem is that I need good place to mount it either in the cab behind the seat or maybe outside on the back of the cab. I may look at the front end loader mount somehow. Thanks.