Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
"She" said that the governor had to go.
IMG_9437.JPG

Well, not removed nor disabled, but "adjusted".
IMG_9436.JPG

Here she is seen lining up for a drag race with a grandson. The other golf car beat her before but it will not now. Dat woman does not like to loose.

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
Is that thing street legal ?
Its a Suzuki Carry DA63T 2003 and in canada its not legal yet because its right hand drive. In 2028 its gonna be 25 years old and I will be able to hit the road because it will be considered antique.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
For us there was never a question of gas or electric. ?? We have two gas Club Cars that have served us very well; the oldest being ~15 years old. The reason for this addition was that the family is growing and trail rides on my property are "looked forward to" events. There are over 7 miles of trails and the furthermost point is well over a mile from the Cabin. Road/trail clearing plus maintaining 3 bridges is a very necessary labor of love.

I seriously looked at EZ-Go but the Yamaha won out. I have no Club Car dealer.

This new Yamaha is EFI and 4 wheel independent suspension so the ride should be quite nice. I didn't want black, but golf cars are sorta like everything else with production backed up 6+ months. This dealer got 4 and I bought the 4th one the next day. It will be mid/late Summer before his next shipment. There are very few used gas units and they are $$.
How much is $$? The Kawasaki Mules seem to offer the most reasonably priced units in their category in my opinion. 7-$10,000 new depending on seating capacity. I was considering one because they are not supposed to be very fast. I have a 12 year old son whose judgement is still developing.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
New a golf car is in the $8K to $9K range so not too much different from a SXS. The Golf Car is more of a pleasure/fun vehicle rather than a work vehicle. The engines are extremely quiet and yes, safe for our 9yo GGranddaughter to pilot. The speed is governed to 22mph. There was never a question whether to go with a SXS or to add to the golf car fleet.

Reactions: 1 user