Added brush guard to M7060

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
I've been moving lots of brush lately and mashed in my grill. Luckily nothing was broken and I straightened out the grill to the point that you wouldn't even notice the damage.

It was time to add a little protection to the front end so I welded some flattened expanded metal to the grill guard and put a fresh coat of paint on it.
61271C90-A96B-4C36-9C8F-1C196F242384.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
That looks great!! good thing your grill was minimally damaged and now back in order. :)

mikedlee

Equipment
M6060
Feb 8, 2021
Blountsville, Alabama
I have done the same thing and like your idea. Maybe I can't see the added protection in the picture that good, but how do you fold the brush guard down so the hood will clear the guard? The added protection looks like one piece of metal that extents past the pivot point or hinge? I have to be missing something.
Thanks,
Mike

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I have done the same thing and like your idea. Maybe I can't see the added protection in the picture that good, but how do you fold the brush guard down so the hood will clear the guard? The added protection looks like one piece of metal that extents past the pivot point or hinge? I have to be missing something.
Thanks,
Mike
If you can zoom in on the bolt on the side of the guard you can see where houser52 welded the grill to the outside brace and stopped at this point.

Then, you can see the grill welded to the inside brace. The grill welded to the inside brace is overlapped by the grill on the outside brace.

When the guard is folded forward the outer guard and grill moves away from the inner brace and grill.

houser52

Equipment
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600, LA680 Loader
Jul 10, 2015
North Carolina
If you can zoom in on the bolt on the side of the guard you can see where houser52 welded the grill to the outside brace and stopped at this point.

Then, you can see the grill welded to the inside brace. The grill welded to the inside brace is overlapped by the grill on the outside brace.

When the guard is folded forward the outer guard and grill moves away from the inner brace and grill.
yep, I put it together just as you described it. Works pretty good.

70Beee

Equipment
MX5100
Jan 10, 2021
Southwest Michigan
Nice looking guard you got there. I bought my MX5100 from my brother ten years ago with the grill already pushed in. I replaced the grill and added the factory brush guard and later added the heavy expanded metal. While I’ve seen others I like better, it’s saved the new grill several times already.

Attachments