ac m9000 ac and fuel

ibentaken

Feb 10, 2010
desoto kansas
First where is the high/low limit cut out switch. My 9000 will run the ac good for a little while then the compressor stops then after awhile starts again. condenser is clean. I wieghed in the charge so I feel it is right and wonder if the temperture switch could be bad. I don,t have gauges when it stops cooling. The sight glass is clear. Also how much fuel should this tractor hold.

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
How do you know that you have the right charge? Was there refrigerant in the system, enough to run the compressor when you added the right charge? If it was low, especially so low that the low pressure switch will not let the compressor run, I usually pull a good vacuum, add a low charge and check for the leak. Fix the leak, pull a vacuum and recharge with the correct amount. I also change out the drier if I think moisture/air got into the system. If the site glass is clear with no bubbles, you may be over charged. Good luck, A/C is a tough system to deal with.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'll share the A/C trouble I ran into with my 9000 and the fix. It would cool for a little while then stop. Just barely blow cool enough to keep me at a low pissed off sweat. Looked at the entire system, checked the charge, looked at the site glass, had the system recharged. Nothing helped and I was very unhappy with my new purchase.

Here's the fix on mine anyway. Even though the front of the radiator looked clean and the condensor was spotless. the radiator was full of weed seed and very fine dust. I washed (from back to front) for over a hr. Every time I thought it was clean I could turn the hose to a slightly different angle and more chunks of crap would wash out. It takes a very long time to get everything washed out and clean. After that it cooled like new. I can tell now when mine needs a good cleaning. The air will start to warm up slightly and every time since the first year a thurough wash out has fixed me right up.

Since you are having A/C trouble I assume your fuel question is reguards to a cab tractor. It should hold 30 gallons of fuel. If memory serves me the canopy models hold 23 gal.

ibentaken

Feb 10, 2010
desoto kansas
Thanks for the info. As for the charge I pulled a vacuum and did check for leaks by watching the gauge set to make sure it did not leak and used a scale to wiegh in the charge. I did was out the condenser but maybe not long enough. Thanks for the answer to the fuel question.

steve l

Equipment
2 m9000,9540 all cabgmd700 kuhn 605m vermeer,r23a vermeer rake,468 jd baler,
Dec 29, 2010
bullard,texas 75757
the a/c on the 9000 are terrible.only a 3speed fan motor.if the vents were not in the roof and didn't blow directly on your head i think you would have a heat stroke.LOL

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hi Steve, do you have your windows tinted? I have mine done and last year I even did most of the windshiels in 35%. When I was baling last summer most of the time I could run mine on low or maybe the 2nd speed and it was nice and cool. About the only time I use high speed is if it's been sitting cut off and I want to cool it down quick. After a couple of minutes I can turn mine down. I'm not a cold natured person that doesn't need it cool either. I'm fat and hate the heat.