• Only one forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All forums

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

volp

Equipment
Kubota B6001, MF35 with backhoe, Ford 3000, JD LX186 Lawn tractor
I just saw a new thread on Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing with the title "must have websites" asking for links to websites for things like implements and accessories.
Many tips are coming in. :)
Would it not be a good idea to have a link gallery on OTT there you could add links under different headlines such as Spare parts, Manuals and more! :D

Anders

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I just saw a new thread on Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing with the title "must have websites" asking for links to websites for things like implements and accessories.
Many tips are coming in. :)
Would it not be a good idea to have a link gallery on OTT there you could add links under different headlines such as Spare parts, Manuals and more! :D

Anders
Glad you asked. I'd planned with NIW help to create such a thing and even more. Such as links to threads that ask the common questions about Lubes, tires, hydraulic oil etc.. People would recommend threads they think should be stickies and then either I or NIW would create instead a link to them under the proper category as you suggest above. This essentially creates a menu of links catagorized

It would be called... THE ULTIMATE STICKY..... This keeps the forums clear for recent discussions and not visually clogged up with stickies.

Question for you folk. This could be one sticky or single sticky per forum area (service, Grey, Implements etc) Which do ya'll think is best?

volp

Equipment
Kubota B6001, MF35 with backhoe, Ford 3000, JD LX186 Lawn tractor
Question for you folk. This could be one sticky or single sticky per forum area (service, Grey, Implements etc) Which do ya'll think is best?
Easier to find what you are looking for if it is on each forum.
Some links could be suitable for more than one forum.
I added a poll for everyone to vote!

Anders

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Easier to find what you are looking for if it is on each forum.
Some links could be suitable for more than one forum.
I added a poll for everyone to vote!

Anders
as a Moderator NIW has a big say since he; as well as I are the ones who would be updating the first post in the sticky that contains all the links others ask us to put there. Look forward to his .02 cents

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Seems like there are several different information finding problems that people are trying to solve, and one super sticky type solution might not work well for all.

I would find it helpful to find a list or a gallery of sites that sell good "stuff" in categories, maybe alphabetical order by type, so for example if I wanted led rops lights I could find a couple of suppliers of ROPS LIGHTS that other ott members had tried without searching through several threads dealing with buying, using, and installing them.

On the other hand, if I were interested in how to do something like bleed the fuel line, I would want to read whole threads, especially those dealing with my model tractor, but would first want to know if Mr K and Vic had already made a video or there was a general article to read first.

So this argues for both something like virginiavenom's list as well as some super sticky kind of organization of topics, but it might be a lot of work to keep up.

I don't know how the search engine works, and threads wander, and lots of times at least I forget to put in keywords. That part of the menu is not very visible when starting a thread.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I just wanted to take a minute here and thank you guys for all the hard work you do to make this site and forum possible .

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I just wanted to take a minute here and thank you guys for all the hard work you do to make this site and forum possible .
Guy's and Gal's