A friend's neighbor is selling an M7060 ....

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Went to an equipment auction last year in GA - they had a whole line of the M7060 and M6060 that some gov't agency in Alabama used to mow highway medians. They all went for the mid-30's with remaining factory warranty and 300-400 hours on them.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was finally able to speak with the individual selling the M7060 and it has 550 hours on it. Not a lot for a tractor, but given the $60k price tag, hours, year etc., I decided to pass.

I did however buy the M6060 shown above and below. After driving it, giving it a thorough going over, and talking with my local dealer about it and the price, I decided that life is too short and went for it. I'm beyond excited to end up with two excellent tractors that I'll use for many, many years to come. I'm going to add a third rear remote, 3rd function and creep this month or next, and probably rear defrost later in the year. I think I'm set now with these two.

I don't need the F12/R12 that's available in the M7060 and really like that the M6060 is simple like the MX6000. I'll be using both this year to cut 30 or so acres, to make a new driveway, to clean up a bunch of downed trees, to move dirt, to build two steel framed barns and more.

I really hope that I don't need to buy another trailer for this beast. It should fit between the fenders for the long journey home, and then I can get the wheels as wide apart as possible and have the local dealer install sugar beet juice.

M6060_HDC_01.jpg

M6060_HDC_02.jpg

M6060_HDC_03.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Tractors are like guns, one just isn't enough.
Good luck with the deal.
I like redundancy, so when I find something I like I usually try to have more than one of them ... not so easy with girlfriends or wives though! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I was finally able to speak with the individual selling the M7060 and it has 550 hours on it. Not a lot for a tractor, but given the $60k price tag, hours, year etc., I decided to pass.

I did however buy the M6060 shown above and below. After driving it, giving it a thorough going over, and talking with my local dealer about it and the price, I decided that life is too short and went for it. I'm beyond excited to end up with two excellent tractors that I'll use for many, many years to come. I'm going to add a third rear remote, 3rd function and creep this month or next, and probably rear defrost later in the year. I think I'm set now with these two.

I don't need the F12/R12 that's available in the M7060 and really like that the M6060 is simple like the MX6000. I'll be using both this year to cut 30 or so acres, to make a new driveway, to clean up a bunch of downed trees, to move dirt, to build two steel framed barns and more.

I really hope that I don't need to buy another trailer for this beast. It should fit between the fenders for the long journey home, and then I can get the wheels as wide apart as possible and have the local dealer install sugar beet juice.

View attachment 78041

View attachment 78042

View attachment 78043
Congratulations!
You be da MAN !!!!!!!

bsd

Equipment
L4060HST-LE, IH S300 ('55)
Jan 18, 2022
Tractors are like guns, one just isn't enough.
Good luck with the deal.
Exactly, but you can only use one at a time!
I've got more than one shotgun for Trap, but that's just because I want a backup for ATA.
I have several that I haven't touched in the past year.

For those of us just getting started, looking for a decent used tractor, at a fair price, you seriously think it helps to have @mcmxi, and @Like Tractors hoarding these in their barns?
;) :) (for the humor impaired)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I like redundancy, so when I find something I like I usually try to have more than one of them ... not so easy with girlfriends or wives though! :LOL:
There is nothing wrong with two. Men don’t apologize for having a pair! 😂. So anyway congratulations…that’s an awesome machine….as I recall when you had dueling MXs, you sort have had a his and hers, correct? Who gets to drive the M?🤗

• Haha

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
congratulations @mcmxi ! this is crazy :ROFLMAO:
I will be looking forward to reading about how you use both these machines on your ranch, and seeing them get some work done. Going to be awesome. After reading your thread I watched this video, I was surprised how different the two machines are from one another. M is a giant!

I wonder if in the future as you get into these projects if you may find yourself with a skid loader and one less tractor?

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
There is nothing wrong with two. Men don’t apologize for having a pair! 😂. So anyway congratulations…that’s an awesome machine….as I recall when you had dueling MXs, you sort have had a his and hers, correct? Who gets to drive the M?🤗
Thanks and good question. I'll be driving both for the immediate future since my significant other is more than a few miles away. Without going into more details, I upgraded the significant other along with the tractor! :ROFLMAO: The new model is so much better, and like the MX and M, she's a keeper!!!

Seriously though, at 5'-4" and 110lb she would find the MX and HST much easier to operate, plus the overall size would be less intimidating for her. Her 12 year old daughter would probably want to run the MX, particularly if the horse she wants becomes a reality. That would be wonderful, to see her moving bales around for her horse.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
congratulations @mcmxi ! this is crazy :ROFLMAO:
I will be looking forward to reading about how you use both these machines on your ranch, and seeing them get some work done. Going to be awesome. After reading your thread I watched this video, I was surprised how different the two machines are from one another. M is a giant!

I wonder if in the future as you get into these projects if you may find yourself with a skid loader and one less tractor?

Thanks! Yes, the M is a monster compared to the MX. To be honest, I'm a little anxious about hauling the M almost 600 miles back to NW MT. The 15k trailer can handle it, but there are some significant hills, passes etc., between here and there. I wish I had more truck!

As for a skid loader, my neighbor has one that I can use if I want, but I don't think one is in my future. Skid loaders have many advantages and in a perfect world I'd have a lot more equipment, but two tractors makes more sense for me at this time. I'm interested in discovering which I prefer for cutting the fields at my place and my friend's place. The flail mower will be here soon and I'm thinking the M would be better at my place since it's hilly, whereas the MX would be better at my friend's place that's basically flat.

So much to learn.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It's hard to know exact numbers, but as far as I can tell, the MX6000 with cab and loader is about 6,000lb and the M6060 is about 7,360lb. That's without ballast in the rear tires and it's a significant difference. Ballast adds around 1,000lb to the MX and 1,500lb to the M. I asked the dealer not to add beet juice to the M tires so that I'm not hauling unnecessary weight.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You guys are no help! :LOL: I don't see myself parting with the MX6000 cab ....it's too capable and comfortable.
And sufficient for most any tasks on 20 acres.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks and good question. I'll be driving both for the immediate future since my significant other is more than a few miles away. Without going into more details, I upgraded the significant other along with the tractor! :ROFLMAO: The new model is so much better, and like the MX and M, she's a keeper!!!

Seriously though, at 5'-4" and 110lb she would find the MX and HST much easier to operate, plus the overall size would be less intimidating for her. Her 12 year old daughter would probably want to run the MX, particularly if the horse she wants becomes a reality. That would be wonderful, to see her moving bales around for her horse.
Congratulations are obviously in order....... for ALL of your "upgrades" !

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
And sufficient for most any tasks on 20 acres.
I would agree, but it will depend on the terrain and a number of other variables. The MX is an incredible tractor and I could certainly get by with it, but there are numerous situations where a second would be very useful. For example, I have two dump trailers and am making an additional gravel driveway. Now I can have a trailer hooked up to the M while I load up dirt and rocks with the MX ... or the other way around. It'll be way more efficient.

Another benefit is that I have a rear mount snow blower and a Herd 3-point seeder/gritter and can now have both setup all winter without the need to swap them out. I can also use the loader of one tractor to dump sand/salt in the Herd rather than use a shovel.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
How about a couple of side by side pictures of these two?
Thanks
Sure ... when I have the M6060 back home. It's going to be couple of weeks before I can pick it up. The dealership might be able to install the upgrades over the next couple of weeks if they have or can get parts. If not I'll have the local dealer do the work.

I was looking at "build my Kubota" and I hadn't realized that there are 9' and 11' backhoe options for the M6060 HDC, as well as the 540/540E. A backhoe would be way down the road, but the 540/540E is something I'd like to add sooner rather than later.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sure ... when I have the M6060 back home. It's going to be couple of weeks before I can pick it up. The dealership might be able to install the upgrades over the next couple of weeks if they have or can get parts. If not I'll have the local dealer do the work.

I was looking at "build my Kubota" and I hadn't realized that there are 9' and 11' backhoe options for the M6060 HDC, as well as the 540/540E. A backhoe would be way down the road, but the 540/540E is something I'd like to add sooner rather than later.
For future reference:
No one has EVER said: "I wish that I had a shorter reach backhoe"

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
For future reference:
No one has EVER said: "I wish that I had a shorter reach backhoe"
Or a smaller hammer! A backhoe is not a priority at the moment, but they will probably have doubled in price by the time I decide to order one. :oops:

I think it's interesting that you can't get a backhoe for an MX cab tractor but you can for the M6060 cab model.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Or a smaller hammer! A backhoe is not a priority at the moment, but they will probably have doubled in price by the time I decide to order one. :oops:

I think it's interesting that you can't get a backhoe for an MX cab tractor but you can for the M6060 cab model.
Having owned a 10' or greater reach backhoe, for the past 36 years, I can only quote the old AMEX card slogan:
" don't leave home without it"!