A friend's neighbor is selling an M7060 ....

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Congrats on the new rig and upgraded female unit.
Maybe time for a new truck as well?
I like to have more than 1 of everything (minus the wife, that'd be too expensive).
Problem with too much stuff is that folks always asking to borrow something.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I like to have more than 1 of everything (minus the wife, that'd be too expensive).
So true!
Several "friends" "borrowed" my wife.
They never did ask though.😣

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks! A new (used) truck will have to wait I'm afraid. I'd rather help my gf get a suitable car with heated seats so the truck may be a long way off.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was able to see the M7060 yesterday and it's a beast of a tractor! But I'm happy with my choice of a new M6060 and am very pleased with the Oregon 22 ton wood splitter which I towed home and cleaned up a bit. It's in great shape, and the Honda engine runs like a top. It was a fair deal at $1,200.

The owner of the tractor is selling their sizeable house, shop and property ($2.2M) but also an incredible Hagglunds which he has listed for $100K. He obviously likes to show it off, and my friend and I were lucky enough to be taken up the mountain for close to an hour in this remarkable vehicle. I've had a fairly capable Jeep TJ for more than 20 years and done a lot of off-roading, but this Hagglunds is incredible and virtually unstoppable.

He has a lot of implements for sale including an "Intimidator" tree puller that my friend is thinking about buying. It weighs 750lb or so and is really intended for a skid steer. I advised against his buying it for his L4060.

hagglunds.jpg

wild_bill.jpg

oregon_22_ton.jpg

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I was able to see the M7060 yesterday and it's a beast of a tractor! But I'm happy with my choice of a new M6060 and am very pleased with the Oregon 22 ton wood splitter which I towed home and cleaned up a bit. It's in great shape, and the Honda engine runs like a top. It was a fair deal at $1,200.

The owner of the tractor is selling their sizeable house, shop and property ($2.2M) but also an incredible Hagglunds which he has listed for $100K. He obviously likes to show it off, and my friend and I were lucky enough to be taken up the mountain for close to an hour in this remarkable vehicle. I've had a fairly capable Jeep TJ for more than 20 years and done a lot of off-roading, but this Hagglunds is incredible and virtually unstoppable.

He has a lot of implements for sale including an "Intimidator" tree puller that my friend is thinking about buying. It weighs 750lb or so and is really intended for a skid steer. I advised against his buying it for his L4060.

View attachment 78327

View attachment 78329

View attachment 78330
What do you call that pile of snow that appears to be moving on the left?

Dog lovers here! We have a white mixed westen terrier that thinks she is that big and once chased a black bear out of the yard! She came back all panting and satisfied with her self.

Bill

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What do you call that pile of snow that appears to be moving on the left?

Dog lovers here! We have a white mixed westen terrier that thinks she is that big and once chased a black bear out of the yard! She came back all panting and satisfied with her self.

Bill
She's a Great Pyrenees that insists on inspecting anything and everything that shows up at the house. I have a Heeler mix too.

My neighbor has a white "Westie" that thinks he's a big dog. :)

pups.jpg

• Love

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
She's a Great Pyrenees that insists on inspecting anything and everything that shows up at the house. I have a Heeler mix too.

My neighbor has a white "Westie" that thinks he's a big dog. :)

View attachment 78400
That is pair you can't beat with a full house!

We have a black border collie mix, Libby and lab mix Tanner too along with "Willow" the westie also know as the Little White Terror!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That is pair you can't beat with a full house!

We have a black border collie mix, Libby and lab mix Tanner too along with "Willow" the westie also know as the Little White Terror!
Dogs are awesome and that sounds like a wonderful pack you have there. :) I'm sure members won't mind if you post a photo or two.

Maggie the Great Pyrenees was in an abusive situation when I got her about 4 years ago. Her owner had left her with renters who were renting his house and they were abusing her. She was very underweight and on one occasion the renters were seen dragging her in the house by her ears. I won't go into details but she was removed from that situation and has been with me ever since.

Rainee the Heeler was also a rescue more than 6 years ago. She was on her way to the humane society when I got her and she's been my loyal little companion ever since. I'm hoping that she'll be able to ride in the M6060 when I'm cutting fields and such. They both love to ride in the truck but Maggie would need an M8 or similar since she's around 110lb.

maggie&rainee.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

rowsley

Equipment
l3830, m6060 mx5400, l3901
Dec 2, 2021
missouri
You will love the m6060 when mowing fields and such(smoother) but not so much when using the loader compared to the mx6000.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You will love the m6060 when mowing fields and such(smoother) but not so much when using the loader compared to the mx6000.
Yeah, the MX is a very easy tractor to use in just about every situation, no question. I've only got a few hours on the M6060 and loader work would take some practice for sure.