A couple of questions about my loader

5thhorseman

Equipment
B7000, Allied 95 FEL, Sovema Tiller, Blade, on 3 overgrown acres
Oct 21, 2010
Aldergrove, BC
Have got the tractor in the garage today while it rains (it can rain for days on end here) and took the time to take a few photos for ordering parts and posting here on OTT. There's a couple of questions I've been dying to ask about my FEL:

Here there's a a metal bar hinged on the loader, with a second metal bar in an L shape bolted to it. There are several holes in each bar, so apparently you can lengthen/shorten the combined length. It all is held in place by the pin you see in the photo. Anyone know what this could be for?

DSC02975.jpg DSC02976.jpg

Next, there is a rod that goes up and down with the adjustment of the loader bucket. I'm assuming this is to tell you when the bucket is level, when the FEL has it at ground-level I suppose.

DSC02977.jpg

Any help would be great!

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
The first two pics look like parking stands for when you remove the loader from the tractor, but I'm not 100% sure so you should wait for others to reply. And you are correct about the last pic, it's to tell you when the bucket is level.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
I agree with 76_Bronco.

If you ever remove your FEL those bars will act as stands. Check You Tube for videos of how that is done.

The bucket level indicator should have an indicator on it to show when the bucket is level with the ground. I painted my rod black and then masked off a 1" section to paint white to show when level. The paint needs touched up every once in a while.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Watch that loader position indication rod. I managed to bend mine in brush and didn't notice. When rotated bucket the rod had been bent enough it came out of the tube it slid in and popped out like a stiff spring. It would have hurt anybody in front of the machine. Whanged loudly off the bucket lip. Took it off after that and never have replaced it. One less thing to get hung up.