85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Saw this one and thought of 85Hokie. "You don't scare me. I teach"
I have had a few over the last 30 years, that scared the holy shyte out of me, but as I have gotten older - and hopefully a little more wise......I find those types I can win over faster than the others.

In a faculty meeting earlier this year the "new" 30 year old assistant principal was talking about what to do and not do......

"don't teach with sarcasm......"

I learned a long time ago - sarcasm when used correctly is a powerful tool.

One of my favorite lines when someone says something completely stupid, is
"excellent thought genius!" - rather than what I am really thinking......
you stupid @###%#@#

Teaching what I do is actually fun - I know a room full of snappy cell phone 15-18 year olds for 90 minutes at a time sounds like a royal PITA, but sometimes they have really brilliant thought.

You guys(girls) know - when your 18 year old makes a comment that is so grown up, you look at them and say - who the #$@# are you???? AND when did you grow up!:D:)

while I am rambling on about kids, here is something we have been doing over the last 10 years, painting a logo on the football field.

this year was all about FIRST responders, and how we appreciate all those that work in the field of police,fire and public safety.

Our high school's logo is a gothic "L"

we superimposed it on the Logo of first responders and invited all the local law enforcement to be recognized before the game. It took my 2nd year engineering class about 10 hours to cut all the templates and enlarge the small 8 x 10 picture to a 30' by 40' picture and then paint the entire thing using about 40 cans of field paint!!!

I have a good bunch who take pride in things they do - and learn a little something along the way!:)

Thank D2Cat!:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know if I had teachers like you back in the day I might have turned out to be a pillar of the community :D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Everyone is in awe of the lion tamer in the cage with a half dozen lions---everyone but the school bus drivers!

Probably applies to teachers also!

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Hokie, never underestimate the impact you have on a young person's life. They might not realize it until they get older, but they will.....;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Seen this saying on a tee shirt at the grocery store. "I teach!!!! What are your super powers??"