A bit of R&R this week.

Clint from Flint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350, B26 TLB, Covington Plant., Landpride Tiller, Hustler Flip-up
Dec 12, 2020
Flint, Texas
60 years ago my wife and I began a journey....together.
View attachment 99285
We spent three days in Ocean Springs, MS, but mostly we just goofed off and ate. Flounder, Shrimp, Gumbo, Crabs, and she is seen above with a dozen "Char Grilled" Oysters. Yup, she ate every one of them. It's interesting to note that our meal cost $60.99 + tip. When we got married 60 years ago in 1963, my weekly income was $60.50.

Below is a recollection of our "beginning" on March 29, 1963:

Just as a sorta introduction to my early life, I left home in July '61 at age 17 never to live at home again. There was not a problem except my folks could not afford to support me anymore so I had to learn to fend for myself. I went to work for Southern Bell Telephone Company in October, '62, but when your pay is only $60 per week, you have no money. This redneck was one broke dude, but I had a job. 

We met on the CB radio around the 1st of January, '63 and somehow found out that her birthday was January 13th. No way could I ask her out before her birthday because then I would have to buy her a birthday present. Did I mention that I had no money Anyway, I probably made myself a nuisance around her place. Heck, they had food, so sometimes I got invited for supper. 

We continued to see each other until toward the end of March when her Dad decided that he had seen enough of me. My instructions were to not come back. She called me at work Monday morning and we decided over the phone to get married that Friday, the 29th of March. That week we gathered birth certificates, blood tests, and whatever else that we thought we needed to prove our age and get married. Mississippi's marriage laws were too strict, so we decided to hop over to Alabama.

I picked her up from her work Friday morning and away we went in a 1959 Pink Edsel Convertible. I had been living in a rooming house and had no apartment, so my friend Frank, agreed to find us a place before we got back Saturday afternoon. Since my parents had never met her, we would go there Saturday morning for an introduction. Everything went off as planned. We got back to Jackson, found Frank who took us to our apartment, and the rest is kinda history. Ten months later we were parents. 

The first piece of mail that arrived after we got married came on Wednesday. It was a bounced $10 check from the city of Jackson for the water deposit.

Did I mention that I was broke and had no money??

View attachment 99287
I call her a 'Trophy Wife". Congratulations

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Congratulations Magic. My parents were married in 1962 and made it to 58 years before Dad died from cancer.

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Congratulations on a great marriage! And I am glad you enjoyed beautiful Ocean Springs, MS. I grew up in nearby Gulfport and spent 26 years on the coast.

Rodger

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It has more to do with female genes than anything else. For the last 40+ years, men have been bashed in advertising and the media. Take some of the advertising where women play the decision-making role, and everything is OK, but reverse that and have the man in the decision-making process, and he is a self-centered egotistical pig. Take any situation and just reverse the roles where the male becomes the female and the female becomes the male, and see the reaction of the woman. It has become an unfair world there where the man is now seen as the villain, especially in a divorce, and the female judges almost always side with the woman, no matter what.
BINGO !!!!!

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
I'm late to this party, but congrats on 60 years Magic. We just celebrated a dear freind of ours 50th yesterday, and I'm only getting ready to end year 12 in a few months, so 30,40,50,60 years is quite a feat. Again that's amazing in today's anti marriage anti family anti value anti moral (need I go on) society

Reactions: 1 user

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Congrats on your 60th. (y)

I thought we were impressive working on 46. :)

Reactions: 1 users

D.jFarm78

Equipment
L2250 FEL& L4610FEl, BH, Grapple, Mower, Gannon , blade, disc, plow, rototiller,
Mar 20, 2020
Young, Az USA
Congratulations
Sounds like you had a good life together
Hope you have many more years together

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
60 years ago my wife and I began a journey....together.
View attachment 99285
We spent three days in Ocean Springs, MS, but mostly we just goofed off and ate. Flounder, Shrimp, Gumbo, Crabs, and she is seen above with a dozen "Char Grilled" Oysters. Yup, she ate every one of them. It's interesting to note that our meal cost $60.99 + tip. When we got married 60 years ago in 1963, my weekly income was $60.50.

Below is a recollection of our "beginning" on March 29, 1963:

Just as a sorta introduction to my early life, I left home in July '61 at age 17 never to live at home again. There was not a problem except my folks could not afford to support me anymore so I had to learn to fend for myself. I went to work for Southern Bell Telephone Company in October, '62, but when your pay is only $60 per week, you have no money. This redneck was one broke dude, but I had a job. 

We met on the CB radio around the 1st of January, '63 and somehow found out that her birthday was January 13th. No way could I ask her out before her birthday because then I would have to buy her a birthday present. Did I mention that I had no money Anyway, I probably made myself a nuisance around her place. Heck, they had food, so sometimes I got invited for supper. 

We continued to see each other until toward the end of March when her Dad decided that he had seen enough of me. My instructions were to not come back. She called me at work Monday morning and we decided over the phone to get married that Friday, the 29th of March. That week we gathered birth certificates, blood tests, and whatever else that we thought we needed to prove our age and get married. Mississippi's marriage laws were too strict, so we decided to hop over to Alabama.

I picked her up from her work Friday morning and away we went in a 1959 Pink Edsel Convertible. I had been living in a rooming house and had no apartment, so my friend Frank, agreed to find us a place before we got back Saturday afternoon. Since my parents had never met her, we would go there Saturday morning for an introduction. Everything went off as planned. We got back to Jackson, found Frank who took us to our apartment, and the rest is kinda history. Ten months later we were parents. 

The first piece of mail that arrived after we got married came on Wednesday. It was a bounced $10 check from the city of Jackson for the water deposit.

Did I mention that I was broke and had no money??

View attachment 99287

Awesome, congrats!!

Thanks for sharing.