'95 b7100 hst

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hello, first post on this board, although I've been here many times looking for information. I just purchased my tractor and got all my maintenance items together to change the oil, filter, hydro fluid & filter along with the fuel filter. The tractor has 650 hours on the meter, a 1630 loader and the hydraulics work strong and smooth. My question is about the 'strainers'. I planned on pulling and cleaning them during the fluid/filter change, but can't seem to find the pn or size of the O-rings. Are the o rings re-useable? I have the owners & service manual and feel comfortable with doing the work, I just don't want to break it down this weekend and leave it undone until I get parts in. Thanks for any/all help and info. Great site.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Welcome to OTT!

I think I found them in the Illustrated Parts diagrams. Unfortunately I'm not smart enough to post the pictures....:eek:

Got to:

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Agree to the terms, and put in b7100. You'll see a OLD/NEW style break in the Serial Numbers. Pick the appropriate one for your tractor.

Under "Hydraulic System" you'll see "Hydraulic Pipe 1" and "Hydraulic Pipe 2". Your screens and O-ring P/N's are there.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello, first post on this board, although I've been here many times looking for information. I just purchased my tractor and got all my maintenance items together to change the oil, filter, hydro fluid & filter along with the fuel filter. The tractor has 650 hours on the meter, a 1630 loader and the hydraulics work strong and smooth. My question is about the 'strainers'. I planned on pulling and cleaning them during the fluid/filter change, but can't seem to find the pn or size of the O-rings. Are the o rings re-useable? I have the owners & service manual and feel comfortable with doing the work, I just don't want to break it down this weekend and leave it undone until I get parts in. Thanks for any/all help and info. Great site.
Personal opinion:
Forget cleaning them, and just replace them.
They are not really strainers, they are filters and they get clogged past the point of cleaning more often then not. ;)

And yes always new O-rings, or copper gaskets, which ever it takes!

The HST's have 2 of them do both.

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Thank you both! I'm working my way in. I thought they'd be the same pn for the O-rings and strainers, but they are not? I'm putting an order together now. I pulled the dipstick and the fluid is clear as water and the filter looks good from the outside. Wish they wrote a date on the filter like I will.

O-rings and screens ordered.

Last edited:

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
An update for anyone interested and a little back story:

I found this site years ago when I started looking for a used Kubota with a loader and hopefully a brush hog. I found this particular '95 B7100HST with a 1630 FEL and Woods RM400 finish mower on a Friday evening for a good price. That Saturday was beautiful, so I jumped on my Road King and took the hour drive to see it. Very nice shape, original paint in very good condition, no visible leaks, everything worked as it should. (I actually feel very lucky since I know volumes more about the machine and attachments today than the day I looked and purchased). I told the salesman (at a Deere dealership) that I really wanted a 4' brush hog instead of finish mower and he said he thought he had one in the back. As he walked away he told me to go 'play'. Gravel lot with a gravel pile, so I got use the bucket, fire up the finish mower, test the 4wd etc. The salesman found the 4' brush hog, and it was something. Rusty metal primer, no markings or S/N plate, but the gear box was free and tight. We had a quick discussion about him not having a market for either the brush hog or finish mower so I worked him down on the price and had him throw in the brush hog and delivery.

Fast forward 3 (or so) weeks and I have all my filters, fluids, hydro screens, radiator hoses, etc for a full maintenance. Although, I've decided that due to the condition of the machine and fluids, I'm going to change the hydro fluid/filters at the end of the season. So tomorrow should be oil/filter, coolant & hoses, front diff/gearbox(s) and a good greasing.

What I've been doing the past 3 weeks? The tail wheel on the (Befco) brush hog was seized. Spins like a champ now, along with the blades (that looked new) R&R'd, cleaned up, lubed & replaced. Gear box drained & refilled. Pressure washed the deck and put a coat of rusty metal primer then rustoleum with AE hardener. It's going to live on a tarp & 2-4x4's at my hunting property. I also had to buy a new PTO shaft for safety reasons. As I was doing all this I found that there is a snap clip and washer that goes on the input shaft of the brush hog to keep the PTO shaft on if the shear bolt shears, so those were ordered and installed. It is now ready and waiting to be trailered to the property and get its first use.

The Woods RM400 was in very good shape. I pulled the covers and the belt and pulleys were very good. I pulled the blades and they looked like sharks teeth, so they were replaced with new. The chute had a tear, so I welded it up and put a quick coat of paint on it. It's all back together, cleaned and lubed well and also ready for use.

I have a few projects this spring, one is to dig a trench for a French drain beside my driveway (~130') about 12" deep. 4" stone, 4" perf pipe, and then more stoned topped with river stone. I plan on buying a subsoiler to do the work. A trencher or back hoe may be a less handwork, but I'll use what I have, plus the subsoiler will come in very handy at my hunting property. Hopefully after this weekend the B7100 & attachments will be in full use mode. I've learned a ton about SAFELY using this machine and implements on this site. I've watched a ton of videos and feel a lot more confident in my knowledge of the machine and its use. Here's a few pics:

Attachments

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Looks like a great tractor and set up! You will have a lot of fun and get a lot of work done. The B7100 is a very capable tractor for its size. You have a similar set up to me, but I have a B219 loader and gear drive.

Bill Groom

Equipment
B7100 HST
Apr 2, 2019
N.E. Ohio
Nice setup you have, should treat you very well. I am having a ball with my 92, hoping to stumble across a front loader in the future. Here is to many fun tasks ahead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Very nice looking tractor. I appreciate your story as well. A subsoiler will work to loosen the soil for your drain project. I use the TSC one and it will go 18-20 inches deep. It does not clear the ground by much when lifted but that is the trade off for maximum depth. :)

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Another update:cool: I made a few maintenance decisions.

I pulled the dipstick on the hydro and the fluid is clear and full and the (Kubota) filter is extremely clean so I decided to work the existing fluid and make the change next spring.

I got anti-freeze and radiator hoses since mine were still the original cloth covered, but again after testing the anti-freeze (tested perfect) I decided also for that to be a next spring change.

I did change the oil & filter.

I pulled the air cleaner and it was clean, so I blew it out with my compressor and also read that you can wash the Kubota filters, but mine didn't need it. So I'm going to use it keep the new one on the shelf, clean it/replace it when the time comes.

I drained the front gear boxes (L&R) and the fluid was full and clear, so I decided that the front pumpkin could also wait until spring.

I likely wont put more than 15-20 hours on the machine this year, so if things get odd, I can always jump back in. I'm really impressed how well this machine was kept and seemingly maintained. The undercarriage looks almost like new. Anyway, my brush hog is at my property waiting for use, I ordered a 48" tooth bar from Titan yesterday (will be here Friday!) and I'm going to also order an HD receiver hitch and 18" hitch mounted ripper also from Titan. My thoughts are less expensive, multiple uses, and easier to store since there's 2 pieces instead of one dedicated piece. I'm hoping to start my drainage project shortly after the ripper/hitch arrive and then in a few weeks be doing some maintenance and cutting at my property.

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Another update:

I finally got to 'use' the B7100. I trailered out the tractor to my hunting lease to cut trails and food plots. Put about 3 hours on the meter (less than 1/2 tank of gas) and got to use the 48" brush hog I had thrown in with the tractor deal. Didn't know what to expect from the brush hog and it worked out great. It was smooth and cut great. We cleared around 2 acres of food plots in 4 areas and I cut a lot of trails that we drive on. I got way more accomplished than I expected. Here's some pics:

Attachments

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I've gotta ask.

The B7100 is a workhorse.

I believe that it was replaced with the B1750 (also a workhorse).

I bought my B1750 new in May of 1993. Is it possible that your B7100 can be a 95?

Sorry that I cannot help you with your original question as I do not know if your 7100 is the same as my 1750 in this regard. My 1750 does have a true suction strainer, which I have inspected/cleaned each time that I've changed the HST oil and filter. FWIW: I've never found anything in the strainer but have always replace both O rings when I access it. Yes, I'm anal.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Another update:

I finally got to 'use' the B7100. I trailered out the tractor to my hunting lease to cut trails and food plots. Put about 3 hours on the meter (less than 1/2 tank of gas) and got to use the 48" brush hog I had thrown in with the tractor deal. Didn't know what to expect from the brush hog and it worked out great. It was smooth and cut great. We cleared around 2 acres of food plots in 4 areas and I cut a lot of trails that we drive on. I got way more accomplished than I expected. Here's some pics:
One piece of advice, change the muffler output pipe to one with more of a bend or taller with a flapper valve.

All it takes is a teaspoon of water down the exhaust into a piston and boom motor is toast, and that's not a joke, the compression is so high that it will try and compress the water and break the piston or bend the rod. :(

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've gotta ask.

The B7100 is a workhorse.

I believe that it was replaced with the B1750 (also a workhorse).

I bought my B1750 new in May of 1993. Is it possible that your B7100 can be a 95?

Sorry that I cannot help you with your original question as I do not know if your 7100 is the same as my 1750 in this regard. My 1750 does have a true suction strainer, which I have inspected/cleaned each time that I've changed the HST oil and filter. FWIW: I've never found anything in the strainer but have always replace both O rings when I access it. Yes, I'm anal.

SDT
There was an overlap in production of the B7100HST and the B1750.

So it is possible to have an older b1750. ;)

Same hydraulic system more or less.

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
One piece of advice, change the muffler output pipe to one with more of a bend or taller with a flapper valve.

All it takes is a teaspoon of water down the exhaust into a piston and boom motor is toast, and that's not a joke, the compression is so high that it will try and compress the water and break the piston or bend the rod. :(
That's on my list. I'll have it done before the next session.

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Quick update for anyone interested:rolleyes: I've put about 15 or so hours on in the past few months. Most of it brush hogging with a little bit of digging and moving debris. The tractor has been doing all I'm asking. I got 4 food plots (buckwheat) in at my hunting lease, so the trailer has come in handy as well. My other tractor (Cub Cadet 982) did a great job tilling up the plots. I've had it for 10 years, so no need currently to get a 3 pt tiller for the Kubota. Have some more work to do in the food plots at the end of summer, so I may have to get another 5 gallons of diesel :D Here's some pics.

Attachments

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Nice Buckwheat plot! I plant the same thing in half of my plots, mainly as a soil builder and to provide a layer of thatch.

I have a B7100 as well, which I use for the same exact reasons you do. They are over achievers, that's for sure.