9' blade on L5740 ok??

PRF

Dec 9, 2012
Connecticut
Trying to get ahead of the curve (for a change) and shopping for a quick attach snow plow and 3 pt. pto driven sander. Looking at a Herd 1200S spreader and a Land Pride 9' plow.

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated !!

Thanks fellas,

Ken

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have huge open parking lots to clear?:confused:
I think that a 9' blade would be a pain to maneuver with, and very taxing on your tractor!
The only tractors around here that use blades that large are the huge loaders that are parked in the parking lots and never hit the road.

Are you doing a loader mounted blade or a frame mounted dozer style?

The most I would do is a 7' 6" blade, and that's even pushing it, but I bet we have a lot heavier and wetter snow here.;)

PRF

Dec 9, 2012
Connecticut
Do you have huge open parking lots to clear?:confused:
I think that a 9' blade would be a pain to maneuver with, and very taxing on your tractor!
The only tractors around here that use blades that large are the huge loaders that are parked in the parking lots and never hit the road.

Are you doing a loader mounted blade or a frame mounted dozer style?

The most I would do is a 7' 6" blade, and that's even pushing it, but I bet we have a lot heavier and wetter snow here.;)
I wouldn't say huge, but it takes 1.5-2 hours to clean up good with an 8' on the pick up..just looking to save a little time. I'm thinking loader mount. Thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'd say 9 foot blade on the loader lift arms are way to big and could cause damage to the arms trying to push that much at one time. That kind of a span in width is also rather hard to keep an eye on both ends. You could hook a curb and never even know it and snap something in half.

Like North Idaho mentioned most 9 foot blades are found on larger wheel loaders.

PRF

Dec 9, 2012
Connecticut
I'd say 9 foot blade on the loader lift arms are way to big and could cause damage to the arms trying to push that much at one time. That kind of a span in width is also rather hard to keep an eye on both ends. You could hook a curb and never even know it and snap something in half.

Like North Idaho mentioned most 9 foot blades are found on larger wheel loaders.
Good points.. Thanks, looks like I'll downsize my ideas.