7100 HST speed control linkage

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
Picture shows the existing speed control linkage that came on my B7100 HST. Looking at the parts diagram I am missing what Kubota is calling a Turnbuckle. Also I do not believe the top rod should be bent like it is.

What has me wondering is neither rod has a left hand thread and they are different sizes, top rod is smaller than the one with the nut on it.

My thinking if it were suppose to be adjustable for length one should have a left hand thread and they should be the same size. What am I missing?

Attachments

BobInOK

Jun 3, 2019
Catoosa, OK
Ordered the "Turnbuckle" from Messick's this morning along with some other items I think I might need for the engine swap. Guess I'll just wait and see what the turnbuckle is then figure out how the linkage hooks up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do know that that is for "cruise control", I won't even use mine, it does not release with the pedal being pushed so it's a little unnerving when the tractor won't stop.

Attachments

Last edited:

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
On my 7200 HST, the only time I use cruise control is when the steering brakes are needed to get around or out of a fix. A real hand and foot juggle.

On the go, the hand control for HST function can really catch one off guard. Just as NIW mentions.