50 Hour service

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Have 42 hours on my 1880. Have about 10 hours of work to do on my driveway. Appt set for service next month. Will Kubota deny warrenty claims if they see I went over a few hours for service? Am hoping I can finish in 8 hrs but wanted to check if this would be an issue. If I hit 50 hours before finishing, should I stop until the service is completed? Want them to do the 1st service and go over it good. Will do the next required service myself. Thanks.

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
I would highly doubt kubota would deny a warranty by going over the 50 hr mark expecially if its just a few hrs. as long as its done around the 50hr mark it should be no issue but this is not my call its would be your dealers call. actually you could call your dealer and ask since they would be the ones to actually deny a warranty not kubota itself.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I did my own 50hr service (around the 72 hr mark.)

I wasn't worried about it. (my oil filters etc were bought at the dealer)

It's a wee bit more complicated where you are having it done for you.

I know--doesn't exactly answer your question.

Reactions: 1 user

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Due to the dry summer, my new F2690 will probably get a 50 hour service just short of 50 hours. I am at 39 hours now and not too many more grass cuttings to go before I change fluids and filters prior to winter.

Rodger

Lug66

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, Z422KWT
Jun 7, 2023
SW Michigan
You can always pull it early and be done with it. Having the dealership do it means it will be on file to either support or incriminate your claim should there ever be a warranty issue. Never give “the man” an upper hand. :)

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
actually you could call your dealer and ask since they would be the ones to actually deny a warranty not kubota itself.
The dealer has no say in what Kubota will or will not warranty, they are just a middleman.
The warranty is 100% controlled by Kubota and many times the dealer has to get pre-approval from Kubota. Failure to do so can result in the dealer not getting reimbursed.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The dealer has no say in what Kubota will or will not warranty, they are just a middleman.
The warranty is 100% controlled by Kubota and many times the dealer has to get pre-approval from Kubota. Failure to do so can result in the dealer not getting reimbursed.
Really? That is backasswards from vehicles. The dealer is 90% of the time the one that approves or denies them. I've had two claims on a mildly modded vehicle that probably shouldn't have been covered. Dealer passed it right on through. And added a trans drain n fill because "transmission lost fluid during removal" .

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
yes, you're right my mistake now I know.

Really? That is backasswards from vehicles. The dealer is 90% of the time the one that approves or denies them. I've had two claims on a mildly modded vehicle that probably shouldn't have been covered. Dealer passed it right on through. And added a trans drain n fill because "transmission lost fluid during removal" .
This is where I was making the connection because of another fourm I am on for the current generation of a very popular truck. There are a few threads where one dealer will deny a warrenty claim saying the manufacturer wont warranty it and when taken to another dealer there is no issue with it.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
This is where I was making the connection because of another fourm I am on for the current generation of a very popular truck. There are a few threads where one dealer will deny a warrenty claim saying the manufacturer wont warranty it and when taken to another dealer there is no issue with it.
The dealer might tell you something is or isn't going to be covered but it is Kubota who makes the official call. Some dealers do not want to deal with warranty jobs.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Do you have any warranty claims to make? Oil and filter on an 1880 is a piece of cake. Are you capable of doing the work yourself?

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Do you have any warranty claims to make? Oil and filter on an 1880 is a piece of cake. Are you capable of doing the work yourself?
I was wanting the dealer to do it so they can also check it over. But, if they can't get me in sooner, may do it myself. Finally took my deck off so I'll take a look underneath to see if I will have any issues. Since having multiple back surgeries (lowest 6 discs fused), quit doing my own vehicles. A bit painful getting on the ground. Plus a bad right shoulder that I have surgery next month for.
Thanks for everyone's replies.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I was wanting the dealer to do it so they can also check it over. But, if they can't get me in sooner, may do it myself. Finally took my deck off so I'll take a look underneath to see if I will have any issues. Since having multiple back surgeries (lowest 6 discs fused), quit doing my own vehicles. A bit painful getting on the ground. Plus a bad right shoulder that I have surgery next month for.
Thanks for everyone's replies.
I have learned to never allow a dealer do anything if at all possible. You have good reason to allow others to help you, but don't expect anything extra to be done unless you have it in writing. Check absolutely everything that they touch. I have used a major dealer, that is often mentioned here, only to find extremely poor work.

Reactions: 1 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
I have learned to never allow a dealer do anything if at all possible. You have good reason to allow others to help you, but don't expect anything extra to be done unless you have it in writing. Check absolutely everything that they touch. I have used a major dealer, that is often mentioned here, only to find extremely poor work.
Thats pretty sad to hear. Would think they wouldn't want a bad reputation for poor work if word got out. Thanks

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A lot of big K stealers are kinda like HD stealers, we got your money, go some place if you dont like it. I have had issues with both, and they really dont much care if you bad mouth them or not. Sad thing is it is these stealers that give every good dealer a bad rap

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
I've had three Kubota tractors over the past 25 years, and I've done all the services on them. Only been in once for warranty work, and it was about a hundred hours on the meter, and no one asked me anything about service records or etc. I didn't even think of it. I did have one other warranty issue at about 75 hours on another tractor, and the dealer ordered me the parts and I took them home and did the repair myself. Again, didn't ask anything about maintenance records. In the latter case, I did have to take the replaced parts in to them after I did the work.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Looked underneath the tractor a few hours ago. I will be doing this myself. Will pick up supplies from Kubota tomorrow to get it done this week. Just hit 49 hours. HST filter looks a little tight to get to but shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again for everyones replies.

retired farmer

Equipment
tractor, loader, cutter, blade
May 25, 2020
sheridan
Looked underneath the tractor a few hours ago. I will be doing this myself. Will pick up supplies from Kubota tomorrow to get it done this week. Just hit 49 hours. HST filter looks a little tight to get to but shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again for everyones replies.
Hope you have good filter wrenches and a cheater pipe, those HST filters can be a birch.
rr

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
yes, you're right my mistake now I know.

Almost all the warranty work on my Ford Explorer requires pre-approval from Ford before the parts are ordered and repair is done. The last time it was nearly a complete rebuild of the front end. I have a Ford Extended warranty on the car. Best $2500 that I have spent, since almost everything on that car has been replaced one or more times in the 65,000 miles it has been driven. The warranty goes through 2025 or until it hits 106,000 miles. At that time I will consider an extension to the factory warranty should it be available.