50 Hour Service

LaPine

Equipment
2620HST
Dec 12, 2015
Oregon
Hello Orangemen,
Putting together parts for 50 service, and wondered if anyone has used Royal Purple's SynTractor III for the Tran-Hyd fluid change, been using many of the Royal Purple product line and believe them to be excellent.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello Orangemen,
Putting together parts for 50 service, and wondered if anyone has used Royal Purple's SynTractor III for the Tran-Hyd fluid change, been using many of the Royal Purple product line and believe them to be excellent.
Straight answer would be use Kubota - S-UDT2.......

it fills Kubota's specs - and what they are "recommending"

And I am sure that Purple's oil is just as fine too - but I would place Kubota's oil in there...... just my 2 pennies!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I use to run Royal Purple in my street rod way back when.. But 85 hit it on the head the S-UDT is what you want to use, I know when i changed everything I did and the hydro whine went way down and it seem to work better in the cold weather as well,, might be me i do think its the right way to go

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
I know when i changed everything I did and the hydro whine went way down and it seem to work better in the cold weather as well,, might be me i do think its the right way to go
The whine is a lot more noticeable on my latest Kubota then on previous ones i had. Sure hope the whine on my F2690 will diminish after my 50hr fluid changes. I too always have used fluids/filters from Kubota in the past but fail to see why it would reduce the whine, unless the factory fluid is something other then the S-UDT2 they recommend!?

AJW

Apr 16, 2015
Canada
Royal purple is well known for their high quality products. However for a machine under warranty I wouldn't consider any other product other than OEM.

Typically if there was a failure the dealer would have to go through a process to prove that the non-OEM oil or component was the cause of the failure. Do you really want to battle it out with a dealer/manufacturer over a potentially fairly expensive bill? It's just simpler to stick with OEM until the warranty expires.

If you really must run Royal Purple I'd get documented approval from your dealer like an email from the service manager or something to maintain your warranty.

My Ford truck had to go in for warranty work involving the valvetrain. Their first question was what oil filters do you use? I always stick with ford motorcraft and luckily so, if there had been a fram or other filter on there they said they wouldn't have performed the $2000 repair under warranty.