5' Kubota Back Blade

achtuning1

Dec 1, 2015
USA
Hi Everyone,
I have a b5100e Kubota that has turf tires currently installed. I was wondering what size back blade I should purchase for this unit to remove snow and move some loose soil around in the spring. Is a 5' blade too big for this unit or should I try to find a 4' blade?

Let me know your thoughts. There is currently a 5 foot blade for sale up the road from me (kubota brand) for 295.00.

Thanks,
Kyle

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
A blade should cover the tire tracks when angled.

At a 45 degree angle, here is about what a blade will cover, to the nearest inch.

4 ft blade covers 34 inches

5 ft blade covers 42 inches

6 ft blade covers 51 inches

7 ft blade covers 59 inches

8 ft blade covers 68 inches

Bruce

Last edited:

wv bc owner

Jul 26, 2015
US
I don't know how wide your tractor is but I think the price is real good for a name brand5' rear blade. I paid 200 for one for my bx 2200 about 10 years ago and it wasn't a brand. The local attachment dealer has someone make them for him. It has a held up really well.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Good price for the one up the road. Buy it, and if you find it's too long have someone cut off what you don't like!

I had a b6200E years ago. I bought a 7' blade for $125. It was too much for that tractor. I cut a ft. off of each end.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
When I was shopping for my BX25D (Appx 48" tire width, outside edge to outside edge) the size blade everyone suggested was a five footer (60")
I went with a LandPride RB1560 that permits quick and surprisingly easy changes in blade angle as well as rotating from a pull blade to a push blade in literally seconds. At maximum angle, the blade is probably a few inches narrower than my rear tire width, probably down to as little as 42" but I really do not see that as a problem. 45 degrees of angle is much greater than would normally be used doing snow work, it is trying to move too much and not enough speed. Too large a blade may take too much power to pull/push, it makes maneuvering in tight sots more difficult. However, if you have the power to work with the bigger blade, it weighs more and will have less tendency to ride over as well as cut a wider swath with each pass, making less trips.
So for a little BX, I think the five footer is about right. Six might be doable if all you are drawing is real fluffy snow, mulch, hay or other light material.

Just my clueless $0.02 :)

achtuning1

Dec 1, 2015
USA
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately, by the time I got back home from my work trip the 5' back blade was already sold. I really appreciate everyone's advice on here. Over the next several weeks I will be keeping an eye out for a 5' blade. I have several projects in the spring that will require the use of one but with all of this snow on the ground right now, it makes shopping for one a little hard to find.

Thank you again,
Kyle