42 lb suitcase weights on B2601

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Has anyone put the JD 42lb suitcase weights on the front of their b2601?

I'm one of the few people without a front end loader and with a heavy load on my carry all the front seems light.

I have the opportunity to buy 3. But before I do, I want to be sure they will just drop in place on the frame.

It appears like 3 of them will fit on the front without modification.

A photo would be outstanding.

Thanks
John D

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Has anyone put the JD 42lb suitcase weights on the front of their b2601?

I'm one of the few people without a front end loader and with a heavy load on my carry all the front seems light.

I have the opportunity to buy 3. But before I do, I want to be sure they will just drop in place on the frame.

It appears like 3 of them will fit on the front without modification.

A photo would be outstanding.

Thanks
John D
Have not done so myself but doubt that JD weights will bolt on without adaption.

Fourty-six Lb. front Kubota weights have provisions for vertical attachment bolts.

Last edited:

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Yeah, after I posted the message, I did more research and discovered that the actual Kubota weights would be a lot better. I was just being cheap and trying to save some money. . .

I think I'm lucky. Usually, it cost money to learn something.

I learned this for free.:cool::cool:

Reactions: 1 user

Watchmaker

Equipment
B2601 HST, LP RCR 1548, LA 435
Aug 20, 2015
New Hampshire
Have not done so myself but douobt that JD weights will bolt on without adaption.

Fourty-six Lb. front Kubota weights have provisions for vertical attachment bolts.
The JD suitcase weights I have slip over the upright support bracket. No boltins.

But, I wonder if the OP looked at Messick's video on front axle specs and weight distribution. With the loader the front axle is already at capacity. This is why I keep my loaded carryall on.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
As long as the slot in the weights is wide enough for the bracket that sticks out in front of your Kubota they should slip right into place. No need to use a Kubota brand weight if you find a good deal on the John Deere weight. When I farmed, we use to move weights around on tractors depending upon the needs and was no problem using different brand weights on different brand tractors

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
As long as the slot in the weights is wide enough for the bracket that sticks out in front of your Kubota they should slip right into place. No need to use a Kubota brand weight if you find a good deal on the John Deere weight. When I farmed, we use to move weights around on tractors depending upon the needs and was no problem using different brand weights on different brand tractors
The JD suitcase weights I have slip over the upright support bracket. No boltins.

But, I wonder if the OP looked at Messick's video on front axle specs and weight distribution. With the loader the front axle is already at capacity. This is why I keep my loaded carryall on.
None of my Kubota tractors permit front weights concurrently with FELs.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Slip on, perhaps, but secure as designed is quite another matter.

Fourty-six Lb. Kubota front weights have a cast-in flange on the rear or the weights that must be positioned beneath the rear mounting crossmember as the weight is being hung on the front crossmember. The flange prevents the weight from bouncing around while the vertical bolt secures it in place and prevents vibration.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
None of my Kubota tractors permit front weights concurrently with FELs.
Did you read the OP’s post to see that they don’t have a loader?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Slip on, perhaps, but secure as designed is quite another matter.

Fourty-six Lb. Kubota front weights have a cast-in flange on the rear or the weights that must be positioned beneath the rear mounting crossmember as the weight is being hung on the front crossmember. The flange prevents the weight from bouncing around while the vertical bolt secures it in place and prevents vibration.
That’s what bungee cords and ratchet straps are for.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hell if the price is right you can make anything fit!