3rd Function Valve Kit HELP!

Willbeone

Equipment
L3560HSTC LE, LA555 loader, Scraper/grader, Woodchipper, Backhoe.
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
Upgraded my L2800 and took delivery of a L3560HSTC LE with a LA555 loader Friday. Dealer informed me the LP 3rd function valve kit (L2247) would not be available for delivery until October!! I've called a couple other places and their saying the same on delivery date. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement for the Land Pride kit that will be compatible with the L3560HSTC/LA555 combo?

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
The dealer put a W.R. Long 3rd function kit on my tractor. He said that they preferred them over the others. I was already familiar with them from reading and had no problem with it. Mine has worked well and the ergonomics are good.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
W.R. Long is the brand that Neil Messick’s installed, but you might take a look at his video to see what you think. He seemed to like them.

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
The dealer put a W.R. Long 3rd function kit on my tractor. He said that they preferred them over the others. I was already familiar with them from reading and had no problem with it. Mine has worked well and the ergonomics are good.
Thanks for the info! I talked with Messick's and their trying to come up with an alternative. I know their pretty high on W.R..

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
W.R. Long is the brand that Neil Messick’s installed, but you might take a look at his video to see what you think. He seemed to like them.

Thanks for the info! Messick's is trying to source an alternative. Luv his videos.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
They are all kinda cheating the system right now. The Land Pride parts are unavailable so they are selling aftermarket and relabeling them to allow them to go through on financing. Doing what they can to get it done.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Summit hydraulics may have a kit for that tractor. I installed their B2650 kit on my LX. And will be installing one on the MX also.

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
That is the brand that was just installed on my B.

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
I ended up ordering the WRLong valve kit through Messick's. While installing the hoses to the valve, found out after pulling the bypass tube, they supplied the wrong fittings. I'm currently waiting on replacement fittings to complete installation. Sad thing is when I contacted WRlong they were aware some kits had been shipped containing the wrong fittings and didn't even offer overnighting replacement fittings. This is day 4 of tractor being a barn ornament...

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Well, that stinks about the wrong parts. But, I think you will like it once you get it all put together with the correct parts. Make sure to run your electrical wire where it will not chafe. The dealer ran mine near the joystick under the weight of the hydraulic lines touching the loader frame. Weight and vibration caused the outside of the wire to chafe and I started blowing the inline fuse at the battery.

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
Yea, I just bought a WR Long 3rd function kit for my B3200. It didn't include any kind of clamp to hold the hydraulic fitting plate to the loader torque tube, even though it was drilled for clamps. I ended up buying a couple SS exhaust clamps to mount it. The bolts that hold the actual valve mounting plate to the loader sub-frame where not long enough either, so I had to go to Fastenal and get longer bolts. For a kit that was specific to my LA504 loader and cost a premium over the Summit kit, I'm disappointed to say the least...

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Does Kubota make a kit for this tractor and loader? I found the Kubota kit to be far superior to the land pride kit at the same price when it came to my B2601.

The Kubota part number is L2247. I see that is what you listed above but the dealer referenced it as a Land Pride part. I know for my tractor there was a difference between LP and Kubota, but it's possible for your application Kubota is using an interchangeable kit.

Last edited:

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
Does Kubota make a kit for this tractor and loader? I found the Kubota kit to be far superior to the land pride kit at the same price when it came to my B2601.

The Kubota part number is L2247. I see that is what you listed above but the dealer referenced it as a Land Pride part. I know for my tractor there was a difference between LP and Kubota, but it's possible for your application Kubota is using an interchangeable kit.
Yes, Kubota does make a specific 3rd function valve kit made by Landpride, if you're willing to wait till October or November for delivery. When I bought my L3560HSTC-LE the Kubota dealer suggested looking elsewhere for 3rd function valve. Superior or not, I bought the tractor to use.

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
Yea, I just bought a WR Long 3rd function kit for my B3200. It didn't include any kind of clamp to hold the hydraulic fitting plate to the loader torque tube, even though it was drilled for clamps. I ended up buying a couple SS exhaust clamps to mount it. The bolts that hold the actual valve mounting plate to the loader sub-frame where not long enough either, so I had to go to Fastenal and get longer bolts. For a kit that was specific to my LA504 loader and cost a premium over the Summit kit, I'm disappointed to say the least...
My Wrlong kit did come with a mounting bracket to the torque tube with longer bolts included. My 3rd function valve actually mounts to the loader bulk head. The bracket provided with the kit would not fit over the bulk head tubes, which required a little grinding of the bracket slots to fit. I made a couple clamps for mounting the hydraulic lines to the existing loader frame mounts and installed a nylon bushing to separate the lines and protect from mounting bolt.

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
Well, that stinks about the wrong parts. But, I think you will like it once you get it all put together with the correct parts. Make sure to run your electrical wire where it will not chafe. The dealer ran mine near the joystick under the weight of the hydraulic lines touching the loader frame. Weight and vibration caused the outside of the wire to chafe and I started blowing the inline fuse at the battery.
Thanks for the Intel! I am still waiting on replacement fitting delivery, but was going to work on the wiring today. You don't if the dealer used WRlong's rocker switch in your original joystick handle or installed the one provided in the kit? I'd like to use my original handle due to having a throttle up button.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Thanks for the Intel! I am still waiting on replacement fitting delivery, but was going to work on the wiring today. You don't if the dealer used WRlong's rocker switch in your original joystick handle or installed the one provided in the kit? I'd like to use my original handle due to having a throttle up button.
An easy way to protect the wiring is to run it within some wire loom. Or, as I did, found a length of clear vinyl tubing to run the power leads inside from the DC supply to the controls.

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I am pretty sure mine is the WR Long handle/switch. My tractor would not have the throttle feature like yours anyway, which puts a kink in the installation for you that I did not realize. Is there a location for a rocker switch on your Kubota handle?

Willbeone

Equipment
May 19, 2021
Oklahoma
I am pretty sure mine is the WR Long handle/switch. My tractor would not have the throttle feature like yours anyway, which puts a kink in the installation for you that I did not realize. Is there a location for a rocker switch on your Kubota handle?
Yes, there is a place for the rocker switch on the Kubota handle, but the rocker switch provided in the wrlong kit does not fit. Besides not fitting the slot, the terminals of throttle up button and 3rd function rocker hit. Guess ill be calling wrlong Monday morning to see if they can offer any suggestions. The wiring instructions provided with their kit, doesn't match the components included with the kit. Frustrating....

Nicfin36

Equipment
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
If they will not send you one that will fit, you are probably going to have to buy a Kubota rocker switch that will fit in the handle and splice it to the WR Long wire.

If there is a location for the switch on the handle, I would think Kubota sells one for it. Too bad it did not already have the switch on it.