3rd function valve and top link

Manvito

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Apr 27, 2016
New York
I have a B2601 with the Kubota installed 3rd function valve. Would it be possible, and practical, to run a hydraulic top link with my third function valve? I can’t foresee a time when I would need the hydraulic top link and my grapple, just one of the other.

heinsite

Equipment
Kubota L3400, front loader, b75 Backhoe, Bush Hog, box blade, rake
I was thinking about doing the same thing. You will have to disconnect at grapple and reroute to top link each time or have extra set of hoses by the third function valve quick connects. Also, I guess grapple stays in what ever position it in when disconnected. I happen to have a backhoe power beyond valve and think a $99 control valve from Northern might be better option for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lacasmi117

Equipment
B2301 with BH70 and LA434
Apr 25, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I also am interested in getting a Hydraulic Top link, and I also have a Backhoe in the back, can i use that plumbing for the top link valve with hydraulic up/down controller?

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
I have a B2601 with the Kubota installed 3rd function valve. Would it be possible, and practical, to run a hydraulic top link with my third function valve? I can***8217;t foresee a time when I would need the hydraulic top link and my grapple, just one of the other.
What about installing a diverter valve before the third function quick couplers or just after the third function valve, and permanently installing a set of hoses from the diverter valve back to the rear for a set of rear remotes. Then all you have to do is throw the lever on the diverter valve to switch between the grapple and top link, or whatever you have hooked to the rear remotes. No hooking up or unhooking. You have to buy and install the hoses anyway. The only extra peice you have to buy is the deverter valve. Something similar to the link.
https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/Prince-Mfg/1-2-NPT-20-GPM-Double-Selector-Valve-9-4128.axd

Forester23

Equipment
B2601, LA434 FEL, Land Pride SGC0554 grapple, Land Pride 1560 Box Scraper
Apr 23, 2019
Crescent City Ca
My B2601 has both the third function and top link that came with the tractor. Although both will not be used at the exact same time there have been times when the grapple is being used to move something and I have needed the box scraper also. For me the use of the diverter valve would add another step in the process of working either of the implements.

heinsite

Equipment
Kubota L3400, front loader, b75 Backhoe, Bush Hog, box blade, rake
lacasmi117 MY UNDERSTANDING AND I COULD BE WRONG:
Here is the link to the item I was thinking of using. Since the Backhoe is Power Beyond- when not in use you could connect them to this valve and the center is open to allow fluid to travel through as if the two hoses were connected to each other when you take the backhoe off and then there are two lines/ports that go to the top link.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200416981_200416981

Attachments

Last edited:

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Following. Have the same question. Hope one of the experts chimes in. The hose management on this setup will be interesting... already had a heck of a time routing hoses for the 3rd function. I like heinsite’s idea. Fewer hoses running the entire length of the tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can use the power beyond loop from the BH, you could even plumb the valve in permanently and still use the BH when needed, you just split it off in front of or behind the actual loop.
But you will need to add in a third line for tank/return.

heinsite, that valve you list would not be a good choice as it does not have the tank return line on it, the other valve jkcolo22 posted would be better.

Whichever valve you get it must be open center , power byond (most valves require a plug to make them work right).

lacasmi117

Equipment
B2301 with BH70 and LA434
Apr 25, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
lacasmi117 MY UNDERSTANDING AND I COULD BE WRONG:
Here is the link to the item I was thinking of using. Since the Backhoe is Power Beyond- when not in use you could connect them to this valve and the center is open to allow fluid to travel through as if the two hoses were connected to each other when you take the backhoe off and then there are two lines/ports that go to the top link.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200416981_200416981
Thank you sir...that's what I was hooping for...Now after reading a bit i do understand the Beyond power...so now the shopping begins...

Thank you Heinsite, JKCOLO22 and North Idaho Wolfman for your input and incite...

Last edited:

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
@Dragoneggs waiting to see how you install your tip&tilt. I need a nice write up!

Wish I could tag another user. Hopefully you see this.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID