3rd 4th and 5th hyd remotes for L3830 tractor

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I have an articulating slope mower on this tractor with cylinders for X-Y axis articulation. I have the hydraulics connected to the loader joystick right now. I would like to add a couple of rear remotes so I can have the loader on the front while flailing away at the rear.

I went to the dealer and they were having a hard time finding this tractor in their books. So I was wondering if anyone here has added the factory kit before I go to a Philztoy "custom" cluster phooke remote installation :eek:

The factory stuff is always nice if they have it. So far the prices aren't terrible (at least in Orange and Green tractor land standards).

The Dealer gave me a parts list for one rear remote:
L8305 1st lever and base kit $482;

and either an L8303 single spool (no detent) $240 or an L8304 single spool w/ float detent $302.

He thinks there is a second lever but no confirmation from Kubota yet.

I have a few questions:

1) Anybody know if there is a 4th and 5th remote factory kit? (maybe even where to buy them from if I install myself);

2)What are the chances the above kits include hoses remote quick disconnects and all the hardware necessary (the dealer hasn't been able to come up with a diagram of the kits)?;

3)Has anybody installed the factory kits who could comment on the difficulty? The dealer said it was a two service hours job... and if that is true it might be worth the cost to have them do the work.

This Kubota L3830 starts nice in the cold and runs nice at 1000 hrs on the hobbs meter. So it is probably worth configuring with a couple of remotes so I can use the beefy loader with something on the back.

I saw some really nice examples of custom stacked remote installs on this site and I might go that way... but the factory install (if available) would be better than the philztoy shop would likely fabricate and at the very least that would be a little more painless (other than in the wallet).

Phil

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
First off those prices sure do sound cheap. Most of the people who have added rear remotes lately it's been more like $800 - $900 for the kit. As for the second, I'm surprised they even offer a 2nd remote for a tractor that small.

3rd,4th,5th
Normally on the M series a third remote is a option but that's it for Kubota. Unless the new M7 series has more 3 remotes is the max for Kubota as far as I know.

Now, do it yourself and the sky's the limit.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
First off those prices sure do sound cheap. Most of the people who have added rear remotes lately it's been more like $800 - $900 for the kit. As for the second, I'm surprised they even offer a 2nd remote for a tractor that small.

3rd,4th,5th
Normally on the M series a third remote is a option but that's it for Kubota. Unless the new M7 series has more 3 remotes is the max for Kubota as far as I know.

Now, do it yourself and the sky's the limit.
I guess I was counting the loader as 1 and 2. Do you think they will have a kit for three in the back or just one?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Being a small L series I bet they have a kit to add one in the rear but it would really surprise me if they offer multiple rear remotes. Don't just take my word for it though, I'm just making a guess just due to it being a small tractor.

I think once you get into the L series rear remotes should be standard equipment. These tractors are big enough and have enough power to do some of the small chores that people formally used a much larger tractor for. Looks like they would appeal to a wider market if they came with remotes.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can get 3 rear factory remotes for that model.
And you can have 3 outlets for the front end loader.;)

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
You can get 3 rear factory remotes for that model.
And you can have 3 outlets for the front end loader.;)
That would be nice.

Where would I find the parts numbers for these kits? I e-mailed Messicks today to see what they could come up with them and I am trying to buy the service manual from the guy who has one listed in the classifieds (if I am not too late). Maybe those kits are covered in there?

Hopefully the dealer will come up with some further information tomorrow.

I might stick with a factory kit if I can in this one.

I am not sure what I would do with 3 remotes in the front but one would sure be handy :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That would be nice.

Where would I find the parts numbers for these kits? I e-mailed Messicks today to see what they could come up with them and I am trying to buy the service manual from the guy who has one listed in the classifieds (if I am not too late). Maybe those kits are covered in there?

Hopefully the dealer will come up with some further information tomorrow.

I might stick with a factory kit if I can in this one.

I am not sure what I would do with 3 remotes in the front but one would sure be handy :)
It's really only one remote in front and it's for the grapple the other 2 run the loader.
Go to Kubota.com and on top pick parts, then on the left pick illustrated parts list, agree then put in model # L3830 then down to options.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
It's really only one remote in front and it's for the grapple the other 2 run the loader.
Go to Kubota.com and on top pick parts, then on the left pick illustrated parts list, agree then put in model # L3830 then down to options.

Thanks for the help. I still can't find the right info. Hopefully the dealer can, I am supposed to hear from him tomorrow. Weingartz here and Detroit is a really good dealer for us to have around.

I have bought enough parts for a do it yourself job... as long as I don't find proprietary threads.

Thanks NIW :)

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
So in the interest of furthering Kubota knowledge throughout the world or at least here. Here is the quoted parts. I may just have the dealer do it 2k for three remotes isn't terrible for a factory like install. The tractor is old but this install would give it some nice capabilities on the front and rear.

Here are the kits needed. Up to 3 can be installed

L8305 - 1ST LEVER AND BASE KIT - 1 in OH
$482.00
L8303 - Single Spool Hyd Valve (no Dentent)
$240.00
L8306 2ND LEVER KIT
$240
$240.00
L8307 3RD LEVER KIT
$240
$240.00

Price for 3 Hyd Remotes $1,682
Labor (est) $450.

Labor should be 1.7 Hours for each one.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
If at all possible, get one of those valves with the float function. Better to have it and not need it than to need-want it and not have it. Should be about $65 more.

For what it's worth, I would go with the OEM stuff, waaaaaaay cleaner and easier in the long run. ;)

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
If at all possible, get one of those valves with the float function. Better to have it and not need it than to need-want it and not have it. Should be about $65 more.

For what it's worth, I would go with the OEM stuff, waaaaaaay cleaner and easier in the long run. ;)
Thank you for the tips. Yes the float is a little more. I wasn't thinking of it that way but might as well do it now for the extra $200.

I have been contemporaneously working on a remotes mysefl for a different tractor and I have been dumping more money than I expected on that... mostly because of my inexperience and some extravagance as I bought a couple of valve shut off connect under pressure remote units from tractor supply for $250 a piece.

It might be cheaper for me to use the factory stuff too and neater.

kenanb

Equipment
L3800DT FEL
Nov 29, 2013
Del Rio TN USA
Thank you for the tips. Yes the float is a little more. I wasn't thinking of it that way but might as well do it now for the extra $200.

I have been contemporaneously working on a remotes mysefl for a different tractor and I have been dumping more money than I expected on that... mostly because of my inexperience and some extravagance as I bought a couple of valve shut off connect under pressure remote units from tractor supply for $250 a piece.

It might be cheaper for me to use the factory stuff too and neater.
Did you go with the factory setup on the L3830? If you did how do you like it? Could you possibly post a picture of the finished project? Thank you.