3pt Chain Harrow

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Anyone have any experience with this specific model?

http://www.agrisupply.com/point-harrow-rake/p/75084/

I have an arena and a pasture that I'll be using this on quite often, so to have the option to just lift it up as opposed to dragging it to the pasture is appealing.

There are NO reviews on this, and very little information on their site. I called today and they told me it isn't like a typical harrow with round tines, they're wide with a chisel point. The closest store is about an hour from me, so I'm going to go check it out. But if someone has any real info on this, or other similarly priced 3pt drag harrows I'd love to hear it!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Way back when we had hay burners,,, I use an old steel box spring and draged it around the arena behind the tractor on a set of chains.the sharp edge would cut the humps and the springs would drag the dirt filling the holes. Lil Bro welded up a bar with 10 RR spikes I could bolt to it and cut the compacted areas like a spike harrow to loosen this yellow clay up here. Red neck sure, but it worked pretty good

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
That would not be my cup of tea. I can't find a link but we have a local company that is making something between a land plane and a harrow for arenas. If you are interested PM me and I'll track them down.

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
If anyone is wondering, the 3pt that I linked in the OP isn't really a chain harrow. It's pretty heavy duty and would do an amazing job on a field or breaking up manure in a pasture, or even leveling out soft dirt. But I don't think it would work too well on packed dirt like I have. It doesn't have tines, it has rounded nubs (like using the back of a typical chain drag).

I ended up leaving with just a basic 5x5 chain drag when I left their store. Costs less and will do the job I need it to do. I'll just spend the extra money on bucket hooks so I don't have to carry this thing around.