3pt attachment for BX23S

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I have a BX23S and am starting to think about getting a 3pt attachment set up for it (box scrapers are starting to entire my thoughts).

Kubota offers a 3pt attachment kit BX2506 for about $260. Are there other attachment kits I should consider instead of the Kubota? either for lower price or more functionality?

I don't know much about 3pt's yet, but I am aware that the turn-buckles that control the arm spread (don't know the terms) are a pain and that you can get quick adjustment replacements that you set with a pin. Are there any 3pt kits that come with a system like that?

Also related ... I know that the auxiliary hydraulics kit doesn't work on a BX23S because of a physical interference with the backhoe's subframe. Are there kits out there that utilize the hydraulic plumbing that normally goes to the backhoe to provide hydraulic controls? (even if they aren't as conveniently located as the Kubota kit)

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
That is the standard mounting kit, and you should make the purchase. It will fit your tractor specifically, unlike many universal kits that are available. You will need this to mount any 3-point hitch accessories if you have any in mind for the future. This is what holds them to the tractor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I have that 3 pt kit(dealer tossed it in), still in the box since I bought my BX23S 3 years ago. never had the BH off yet ( neighbours LOVE it....)

Kubota does sell a 'dual rear remote kit' (levers go into that nice hole behind the loader controls. been told a bit of 'bodging' is necessary BUT dealer 'should' know what's involved ( or check Google/youtube )

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I have that 3 pt kit(dealer tossed it in), still in the box since I bought my BX23S 3 years ago. never had the BH off yet ( neighbours LOVE it....)

Kubota does sell a 'dual rear remote kit' (levers go into that nice hole behind the loader controls. been told a bit of 'bodging' is necessary BUT dealer 'should' know what's involved ( or check Google/youtube )
Thanks. Mostly I wanted to know if there was some guy out somewhere making killer 3pt kits for the BX in his barn. I think I'll bide my time on getting the kit since I don't have any implements yet ... maybe I'll stumble across one for sale for cheap.

It was premature of me to bring up the rear remote issue, given that I don't have a 3pt hitch yet or any implements. Getting ahead of myself. I am familiar with "dual rear remote kit" you're referring to, and that's what I was talking about. Interesting though that it might actually be possible to mount, even with modifications. The last time I pored over the diagrams I concluded that that the hydraulic valve itself couldn't be installed due to interference. Glad to hear that I might be wrong on that.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I had a spare and sold it last week along with a snowplow. The BX23S requires some specialty parts to adapt it to the framework. The one that I sold was from my old BX22.

Reactions: 1 user

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
I bought a 3pt kit when buying my 2019 BX23s along with a receiver frame. Never used either. I'd offer it for sale but we are about as far away from each other as we can be and still be in the same country.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I bought a 3pt kit when buying my 2019 BX23s along with a receiver frame. Never used either. I'd offer it for sale but we are about as far away from each other as we can be and still be in the same country.
Thanks anyway! I'm heading to the local dealership in a day or two ... see how much they want for a kit.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I ordered the BX2506 kit today. Two local dealers wanted $330 and $360 plus tax. I found it online for $241 + $52 shipping, no tax, so $293 delivered.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
You can buy then telescoping stabilizers to replace the turn buckles from messicks. There is also a guy online, Mark Hodge, that makes them as well. They’re around $200 from either source.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
You can buy then telescoping stabilizers to replace the turn buckles from messicks. There is also a guy online, Mark Hodge, that makes them as well. They’re around $200 from either source.
This is incredibly helpful. I was familiar with Mark Hodge's stabilizers, although I didn't have his name on the top of my head, or the search term "telescoping stabilizers"! But most importantly, I didn't know the price or that Messicks sells them. I can see myself ordering a set in the coming week, just because it's so obvious how helpful these will be.

Question: do you know if the Messicks stabilizers are made by Mark Hodge? If not, does anybody know if there are any significant differences between the two?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Also related ... I know that the auxiliary hydraulics kit doesn't work on a BX23S because of a physical interference with the backhoe's subframe. Are there kits out there that utilize the hydraulic plumbing that normally goes to the backhoe to provide hydraulic controls? (even if they aren't as conveniently located as the Kubota kit)
Pick a spot to mount your choice of remote valves - 1,2, 3, or more spools.. The valve can then be plumbed right off the backhoe connection points with three hoses and a little bracketry.
  1. Use the tractor OUT to backhoe connector to feed the new valve,
  2. Use the power beyond port on the new valve to feed the backhoe. In other words the new valve simply goes in series with the backhoe. valve.
  3. Tee the new valve's tank return into the third backhoe connector.
The remote valve can remain on the tractor full time - just loop the backhoe connections at the rear of the tractor together as you normally would, Not quite as well integrated as the OEM kit but with a little effort you can make it look pretty professional.

Dan

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Pick a spot to mount your choice of remote valves - 1,2, 3, or more spools.. The valve can then be plumbed right off the backhoe connection points with three hoses and a little bracketry.
  1. Use the tractor OUT to backhoe connector to feed the new valve,
  2. Use the power beyond port on the new valve to feed the backhoe. In other words the new valve simply goes in series with the backhoe. valve.
  3. Tee the new valve's tank return into the third backhoe connector.
The remote valve can remain on the tractor full time - just loop the backhoe connections at the rear of the tractor together as you normally would, Not quite as well integrated as the OEM kit but with a little effort you can make it look pretty professional.

Dan
Thanks for giving me food for thought. I'm currently focused on getting my 3 pt hitch kit (on its way) and a box blade, but of course I'll be mulling this issue. I like your idea though as an alternative with trying to futz with the factory valve, whether that's actually even an option ... I've read that it might be. Before I do anything, I'll need to have an actual use case ... right now this is all hypothetical. But the question will be: am I trying to operating something on the back end of the tractor (such as a hydraulic top link), or something on the front end of the tractor (snowblower chute). The position of the controls depends on the frequency they need to be used as well as the required accuracy of control. A less convenient lever on a blower chute probably would be tolerable, whereas on a grapple it would be unworkable.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for giving me food for thought. I'm currently focused on getting my 3 pt hitch kit (on its way) and a box blade, but of course I'll be mulling this issue. I like your idea though as an alternative with trying to futz with the factory valve, whether that's actually even an option ... I've read that it might be. Before I do anything, I'll need to have an actual use case ... right now this is all hypothetical. But the question will be: am I trying to operating something on the back end of the tractor (such as a hydraulic top link), or something on the front end of the tractor (snowblower chute). The position of the controls depends on the frequency they need to be used as well as the required accuracy of control. A less convenient lever on a blower chute probably would be tolerable, whereas on a grapple it would be unworkable.
Location is certsinly an issue but accuracy is not. Is this a cab tractor? Plumbing directly off the loader valve may also be an option.

DIY with an off the shelf valve will be a lot less expensive and probably easier.

Dan

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Location is certainly an issue but accuracy is not. Is this a cab tractor? Plumbing directly off the loader valve may also be an option.

DIY with an off the shelf valve will be a lot less expensive and probably easier.

Dan
Not a cab tractor. Before I bought the tractor I was disappointed that I couldn't afford a cab, but now that I've had a chance to use it, I'd hate having one.

That Kubota kit rear aux kit (BX7326) is actually pretty affordable ... $377, but as I said previously, it's still unclear to me if it's even an option. It would get me a nice control lever setup, but plumbing it to the front or even the rear could be a pain. I haven't spent much time actually looking at the tractor to be thinking about routing yet.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Not a cab tractor. Before I bought the tractor I was disappointed that I couldn't afford a cab, but now that I've had a chance to use it, I'd hate having one.

That Kubota kit rear aux kit (BX7326) is actually pretty affordable ... $377, but as I said previously, it's still unclear to me if it's even an option. It would get me a nice control lever setup, but plumbing it to the front or even the rear could be a pain. I haven't spent much time actually looking at the tractor to be thinking about routing yet.
If that price is correct and its the complete dual remote kit it may qualify as the cheapest thing Kubota has ever sold. Dont even hesitate.

Dan

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
If that price is correct and its the complete dual remote kit it may qualify as the cheapest thing Kubota has ever sold. Dont even hesitate.

Dan
Yeah no kidding, right?!!! If I had an immediate need and knew it would work on the BX23S, I would order one today without further thought. Time, and further research, will tell. Plus I gotta get the box blade first.

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT

For the 80 series tractors, the rear remote kit is BX2419, but the price is about the same. I paid $400
For it when I had my BX. The one you mention is for the 70 series tractors. Not sure the differences between the two kits as they look very similar.

XSpecBx

Equipment
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
This is incredibly helpful. I was familiar with Mark Hodge's stabilizers, although I didn't have his name on the top of my head, or the search term "telescoping stabilizers"! But most importantly, I didn't know the price or that Messicks sells them. I can see myself ordering a set in the coming week, just because it's so obvious how helpful these will be.

Question: do you know if the Messicks stabilizers are made by Mark Hodge? If not, does anybody know if there are any significant differences between the two?
Mark Hodge does it as a side job and has a large waiting list when I got mine from him. I think I waited about a year for mine, but he was the only one making them at the time. I doubt the messicks kit is made by him.

I have seen many people with the Messicks kit and they were happy with it. Don’t believe there is much difference between the two kits.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Mark Hodge does it as a side job and has a large waiting list when I got mine from him. I think I waited about a year for mine, but he was the only one making them at the time. I doubt the messicks kit is made by him.

I have seen many people with the Messicks kit and they were happy with it. Don’t believe there is much difference between the two kits.
Excellent. Thank you for the helpful information. I watched the Messick's video and one thing they mentioned was that it's powder coated.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
For the 80 series tractors, the rear remote kit is BX2419, but the price is about the same. I paid $400
For it when I had my BX. The one you mention is for the 70 series tractors. Not sure the differences between the two kits as they look very similar.
Thanks for the info. I'll update my notes in case I ever get serious about adding additional hydraulic controls.