3pl raises past stop limit

keith

Equipment
We,ve got it all in the workshop.
Feb 17, 2009
brisbane queensland australia
Hi there, I have a problem with the 3pl. It tries to lift beyond the stop position,and there is an obvious noise the hydraulic pump is loading up. Is there an adjustment to remedy this? It,s on a kubota L2202.
"She,s gonna blow Cap,n"

Thanks guys.

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
Keith,
I'm pretty new at this but I think that is what the pressure relief valve is supposed to take care of. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'm sure one of the real knowledgeable folk will set us straight.:p

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Keith,
I'm pretty new at this but I think that is what the pressure relief valve is supposed to take care of. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'm sure one of the real knowledgeable folk will set us straight.:p
Josh, you may be closer than me. But I think there might be a feed back lever. If one is instated, adjust by trial and error to find that sweet spot.

Scott

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
on the smaller models, there should be a rod attached to the 3 pt arms, that is adjustable and prob. has a lock nut. Ideally you want about an inch of freeplay when the lift is raised to the top. With nothing on the arms you should be able to pick up on the arms and they should move up and down about an inch, with no audible noise from the hydraulics. It may have a relief valve, but if it is on high relief it will overheat the fluid, possibly damage the pump, or in worst cases, crack the lift cover housing.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
on the smaller models, there should be a rod attached to the 3 pt arms, that is adjustable and prob. has a lock nut. Ideally you want about an inch of freeplay when the lift is raised to the top. With nothing on the arms you should be able to pick up on the arms and they should move up and down about an inch, with no audible noise from the hydraulics. It may have a relief valve, but if it is on high relief it will overheat the fluid, possibly damage the pump, or in worst cases, crack the lift cover housing.

KubotaTech, thanks for helping with that great tip :D

Scott