3301 drawbar hitch .

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
What are you folks using for a trailer hitch ? . It looks like there's a provision just under the PTO where a guy could use a hunk of thick flat bar that will slide in & just use a pin to keep it captive ?
thanks
animals45

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
What are you folks using for a trailer hitch ? . It looks like there's a provision just under the PTO where a guy could use a hunk of thick flat bar that will slide in & just use a pin to keep it captive ?
thanks
animals45
My more recently purchased B2601 came with a drawbar. Maybe yours should have come with one as well. If you bought it from a dealer I would ask them what happened to it otherwise google tractor drawbar. You can mount your trailer ball thru it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
thanks
animals45
There should already be a drawbar in there. Are you the first owner?

Dan

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
thanks
animals45
my 3301 came with a fixed draw bar. If I remember right all my new kubotas came with. great for heavy pulling as its axle height but fixed

otherwise you could add a 3pt trailer hitch like to Country line trailer mover for a little more than $100 which works great or even a 3 pt draw bar for about $50 but I hate those things as they twist etc... unless you add the locks.
tsc 3pt trailer hitch from www.amazon.ca
3pt trailer hitch

tsc 3pt draw drawbar from www.tractorsupply.com
3pt draw bar
draw drawbar locks tsc from www.tractorsupply.com
draw bar lock to stop twisting

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Anyone familiar with the Titan 3pt hitch? Want one for my L2501 to pull my trailers around. One trailer is enclosed 8’x24’ so need something heavy duty. Sells on Amazon for $199.

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
My L3301 came with one, but I think it's normal for it to be removed if not used because it gets in the way. It's removed if you have backhoe as well. Once removed (aka not in use), it's quite easy to misplace.

On delivery, mine was in the bucket. I moved it to shop and then some time later when I removed backhoe and installed hitch, I couldn't find it. It was sitting on a bench in clear sight, but was 'blending in' so it didn't catch my eye. It has a hole where you can mount a ball on, but I think mostly designed for tractor pin mounts

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
Anyone familiar with the Titan 3pt hitch? Want one for my L2501 to pull my trailers around. One trailer is enclosed 8’x24’ so need something heavy duty. Sells on Amazon for $199.
Titan stuff is made in china and 'cheap' IMO, so I avoid that brand.

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Titan stuff is made in china and 'cheap' IMO, so I avoid that brand.
Crap!! I was looking at them last night and noticed all the Chinese hitches were listed as weighing 20lbs. I knew they wouldn’t work. When I pulled up the Titan info furnished by Amazon it stated they are built in Tennessee and weighted 50lbs. It stated it would work with my quick hitch also. Didn’t pull the trigger, wanted so feed back from you guys!!

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Crap!! I was looking at them last night and noticed all the Chinese hitches were listed as weighing 20lbs. I knew they wouldn’t work. When I pulled up the Titan info furnished by Amazon it stated they are built in Tennessee and weighted 50lbs. It stated it would work with my quick hitch also. Didn’t pull the trigger, wanted so feed back from you guys!!
I use the Titan and it’s just fine for my use to reposition empty trailers, for the most part. The draw bar is always the safest, though, as with the 3-pt adapter, there really isn’t anything keeping that hitch ball ‘down’ except the tongue weight itself—pretty dangerous potentially.

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
I use the Titan and it’s just fine for my use to reposition empty trailers, for the most part. The draw bar is always the safest, though, as with the 3-pt adapter, there really isn’t anything keeping that hitch ball ‘down’ except the tongue weight itself—pretty dangerous potentially.
OOOOhhh yea, something I didn’t think about. The only one I move loaded is the 6’x12’ enclosed. I have couple 6’ brakes, flat metal and supplies in it. I was told by manufacture the 24’er weights about 3500lbs. I liked the hitch idea on the 3pt because of ease of backing up, raise ball into tongue, move. Do the specs I mention sound correct? Thanks for the input!!

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
OOOOhhh yea, something I didn’t think about. The only one I move loaded is the 6’x12’ enclosed. I have couple 6’ brakes, flat metal and supplies in it. I was told by manufacture the 24’er weights about 3500lbs. I liked the hitch idea on the 3pt because of ease of backing up, raise ball into tongue, move. Do the specs I mention sound correct? Thanks for the input!!
Not sure about a 2501, but the max weight the 3301 is listed to pull (by drawbar) is 2200#s with a max tongue of 730#. Even more important to consider is how you’ll get it stopped, especially if headed down any kind of grade.

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Not sure about a 2501, but the max weight the 3301 is listed to pull (by drawbar) is 2200#s with a max tongue of 730#. Even more important to consider is how you’ll get it stopped, especially if headed down any kind of grade.
Luckily all flat land but weight does concern me. I will have to check the tongue weight on it. I may just have to continue to move that one with my truck. When I put my 63 Galaxie in it the trailer gets really heavy. The Galaxie weights another 3500+lbs

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
“Titan” is kind of confusing. There’s a Titan that is https://www.palletforks.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhP_f_4PM9QIVBLKGCh0DxApQEAAYASAAEgLeIvD_BwE

And then there’s a Titan that is https://www.titanimplement.com/

They ain’t the same. Titan Implement (the second website) is the Tennessee made stuff.

Titan Attachments (I believe but am open to correction) are purveyors primarily of fine Chineseum.

Not sure which you were looking at but if country of origin is a concern, conflating the two may lead to disappointment of a missed opportunity or disappointment of getting what you ordered rather than what you expected.

Last edited:

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
Ya I should have clarified that titan implements brand is made in TN. Titan attachments is the Chinese stuff. Not sure what you’re looking at.

I’ve looked at some titan implements stuff and honestly wasn’t impressed (even versus the Chinese comparative equivalent). Not saying all Chinese stuff is bad and worse than American stuff. Both will certainly meet your need…though I personally still avoid Chinese because I rather support American made…made in China is mainly to keep operating costs lower and profits higher.

That said, as already mentioned, that tractor isn’t rated to pull 2k Lb+

Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
My L3301 came with one, but I think it's normal for it to be removed if not used because it gets in the way. It's removed if you have backhoe as well. Once removed (aka not in use), it's quite easy to misplace.

On delivery, mine was in the bucket. I moved it to shop and then some time later when I removed backhoe and installed hitch, I couldn't find it. It was sitting on a bench in clear sight, but was 'blending in' so it didn't catch my eye. It has a hole where you can mount a ball on, but I think mostly designed for tractor pin mounts
My whole 3 pt set was forgotten at the dealer when they delivered with backhoe one.I offered to pick it up when the driver realized I went and got a bucket of pieces too!

I am like you in your things in plain sight and can't find them. I used to be able to walk in a room in the dark and find something knowing right where it was, not anymore. What I have found is sometimes a flashlight to focus my attention sometimes helps. The joys of growing old!

Bill

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
“Titan” is kind of confusing. There’s a Titan that is https://www.palletforks.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhP_f_4PM9QIVBLKGCh0DxApQEAAYASAAEgLeIvD_BwE

And then there’s a Titan that is https://www.titanimplement.com/

They ain’t the same. Titan Implement (the second website) is the Tennessee made stuff.

Titan Attachments (I believe but am open to correction) are purveyors primarily of fine Chineseum.

Not sure which you were looking at but if country of origin is a concern, conflating the two may lead to disappointment of a missed opportunity or disappointment of getting what you ordered rather than what you expected.
The one I pulled info up on in Amazon stated it was the Tennessee company and gave its address. Stated delivery (free) in 3 days. Definitely don't want the China hitch. Thanks for the links

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
My whole 3 pt set was forgotten at the dealer when they delivered with backhoe one.I offered to pick it up when the driver realized I went and got a bucket of pieces too!

I am like you in your things in plain sight and can't find them. I used to be able to walk in a room in the dark and find something knowing right where it was, not anymore. What I have found is sometimes a flashlight to focus my attention sometimes helps. The joys of growing old!

Bill
Amen to that!! I can't read crap in a poorly lite area. I just purchased the 20v DeWalt floodlight to carry around with me. That thing is sweet, very bright and has three setting of brightness on it. I had it in a mechanical room last week, on for 5 hours, never stopped with the intensity of brightness. Worth the $88

HVACRoger

Equipment
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Ya I should have clarified that titan implements brand is made in TN. Titan attachments is the Chinese stuff. Not sure what you’re looking at.

I’ve looked at some titan implements stuff and honestly wasn’t impressed (even versus the Chinese comparative equivalent). Not saying all Chinese stuff is bad and worse than American stuff. Both will certainly meet your need…though I personally still avoid Chinese because I rather support American made…made in China is mainly to keep operating costs lower and profits higher.

That said, as already mentioned, that tractor isn’t rated to pull 2k Lb+
Yep, backed off using it for moving that trailer. I've moved it with the 63 Ford 2000 so guess I will continue that or my truck. As I had mentioned above all that Chinese stuff looked poorly made and only weighs 20 lbs. Don't sound good to me.