3 Point won't drop

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
New problem out of the blue. Been using the tractor lots lately, moved the tractor tonight and when I shut it down, the 3 point would not drop. Box scraper is on, so it's got plenty of weight.

If I pull the control lever to the top it sounds like the relief valve is squealing, no noise anywhere else in the stroke. Thinking maybe something with the internal spool linkage? Any input appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On the left hand side on top of the differential there is a rod that provides feed back from the 3 point arm to the valve, Did it come off, or get bent or broken?

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Thanks Wolfman. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the feedback rod but I will check today. I think I'll see if manually actuating the feedback rod does anything. I'm afraid some pin or spring or other spool linkage bit has dropped out of place and I'll have to pull the top off.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Well, I'm a bit embarrassed to report that the mystery is solved and the fix should have been more obvious.

I was about to pull the feedback rod cotter pin but thought I'd crank the drop rate knob full both ways first. I had checked the knob last night but only spun it a turn or two each way. Normally that would be enough for a huge effect in drop rate. After several rounds toward open, it opened and the box blade dropped just like normal. There must be some slop or sticking in that valve because the valve was seated well enough for the blade not to drop overnight but the knob was free to turn, not bottomed out.

I have 5 little helpers and it's apparent now that one of them must have made a little adjustment for me yesterday afternoon. :D

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I will take embarrassed over $$$ repairs any day!:D
Enjoy your "5 little helpers" and your toy - - - I mean hard working tractor.:cool:

Glad everything worked out.:)