3 point quick connect

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I had trouble with it at first…until I found out how to best use it.

It never gives me any trouble anymore. Its’ been sitting in the corner of the shed for over 3 years now….completely out-of-the-way….and absolutely trouble-free.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I had trouble with it at first…until I found out how to best use it.

It never gives me any trouble anymore. Its’ been sitting in the corner of the shed for over 3 years now….completely out-of-the-way….and absolutely trouble-free.
PAT's ?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I wouldn’t be without my QH, as I said.

I got a back blade last fall. Just for snow work in winter.

It’s long mounted on the tractor parked in the garage. Not enough room.

I park it and my box blade on a patio behind the garage. I snowblow the patio up to them anyway.

I can back up to it and drive away in a minute (30 seconds when I forget to STOW THE STAND I made 😳).

When done, a 45 second process to RESET the STAND and drop it.

I tend to forget to raise/lower the stand, if you didn't figure that out....Bent the poor thing up a couple times already....;)

I couldn’t/wouldn’t do that if I had to mount the 3 points each time in the dark when snowing and 10 degrees F.

42794F41-BF0D-4D37-B376-9ADD751171EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ve considered Pats… but I’ve been living with the original 3-pt Kubota put on it…non extending :(….. Another participant bought some lift arms for an “M” tractor which were extendable and didn’t fit his tractor… I”ve thought about getting those off his hands but not certain they’ll fit my M4700.

Meanwhile, I’m just living with standard 3-pt hitch and dealing with it. The good news is I primarily only use my finish mower back there and don’t change implements all that often. When I do, I use a plain blade or a box blade or a shredder…. not enough to get me motivated to buy the Pats. (I’m not certain I want to deal with the re-adjustments necessary to accommodate the change-in-length of things….and that may be a silly thing since I have a hydraulic top-link… the only other length issue for me would be the driveshafts.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The stand for my 6' rear blade is a bar of steel that swings on the mtg bolt on the frame. It AUTOMATICALLY sets into 'prop position' when I remove the blade,never get off tractor......
It worked 60 years ago...still works today...

Reactions: 1 users

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I have a quick hitch that use for a box blade and rear ballast.
It is nearly impossible to connect the 3 pt. finish mower, and after it is connected the PTO shaft is constantly getting hung up on the quick hitch middle brace. Any implement with a PTO shaft is better left connected directly.

Lonesouth

Nov 24, 2021
Tallahasee
I was annoyed to find that the standard bushing kits sold for QH adaptation wouldn't work on my box blade. It is not a huge problem, just something you need to be aware of. I've got a BB2560 with clevis style lift arm pins, not standard implement pins. As a result, to adapt to the QH15, I have to nest CAT1-2 and CAT2-3 bushings. The mushroom bushings are too long to fit in the clevis. Simple enough to grab them from Tractor Supply.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I was annoyed to find that the standard bushing kits sold for QH adaptation wouldn't work on my box blade. It is not a huge problem, just something you need to be aware of. I've got a BB2560 with clevis style lift arm pins, not standard implement pins. As a result, to adapt to the QH15, I have to nest CAT1-2 and CAT2-3 bushings. The mushroom bushings are too long to fit in the clevis. Simple enough to grab them from Tractor Supply.
I use Cat 1 to Cat 2 and Cat 2 to Cat 3 bushing pairs. Each bushing is $4 at TSC.

BIG difference vs. the $38 one needed for each implement: Search Results for cat 1 to cat 2 bushing at Tractor Supply Co.

I just move the bushings from implement to implement and use the pins in the holes in the implement lift pins to secure them.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I just started using a new Speeco E-hitch and really like it thus far. It even connected to a very old 8N rear blade. Best part is that you do not need bushings. Top hook is adjustable and it has the longer hook. I'd recommend checking one out before you pull the trigger in the HF or any other brand for that matter.

Mine came from EA as they had the best price that I could find at $300 shipping included.

quick hitch 2.JPG

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I just started using a new Speeco E-hitch and really like it thus far. It even connected to a very old 8N rear blade. Best part is that you do not need bushings. Top hook is adjustable and it has the longer hook. I'd recommend checking one out before you pull the trigger in the HF or any other brand for that matter.

Mine came from EA as they had the best price that I could find at $300 shipping included.

View attachment 74654
This does look like the HF QH with the extended hook and updated lower hooks to fit without bushings. I did buy the extended hook separately and had to buy the mushroom type bushings for one implement. After reading it on here I was able to save some $ by simply just buying the bushings & pins which would have worked on the first implement!
976604D3-AFC4-4888-97E1-F4F4A430A370.png
FE29FECB-B0E2-48C3-A4BF-BAA56436DF89.png

I probably have a total of $180+ in it but was able to pick up from local HF.
Also the hook in my photo is the original HF that I cut excess out of.. I have the extended version now and works great!

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RalphVa mentioned the Cat 1-2 bushings from TSC.

I took 2 off my back blade lift pins the other day.

I also have some Cat 2-3 bushings that would slide over those also.

Note: the top link and lift pins are different sizes. Should I easy to cut to length if you had DOM of similar dimension.

DE65C294-606A-4FD2-8017-61D31EA8D98B.jpeg

9CCE2E23-2A44-4412-A2DD-2EE787DF8BF2.jpeg

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
I take my rear blade off every time I need to do snow removal. I just got Pats quick hitch and I don’t know how I lived without it. It’s not “drive up and go”, but I no longer have to muscle stuff anymore.

It’s worth every penny.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, have to ask...
these 'quick hitches'
they all(cept Speeco ?) NEED bushings ? The hitch is really designed as a CAT3 unit and YOU have to 'bush your CAT 1 implements to fit the hitch ?
So... they make/only sell ONE version ?
Does anyone make CAT3 to CAT1 , one piece bushings ?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
OK, have to ask...
these 'quick hitches'
they all(cept Speeco ?) NEED bushings ? The hitch is really designed as a CAT3 unit and YOU have to 'bush your CAT 1 implements to fit the hitch ?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
OK, have to ask...
these 'quick hitches'
Jay - - I've found that except for the box blade (heavy ground-engaging), I don't need bushings. I don't have a bushing on the top link of the BB either.

The pic I posted earlier was taking them off the back blade since I don't need them.

I only have the box blade, back blade, and a carry-all for my BX.

My QH is from HF for $80 (after coupon).

I did some mods to it, but for $80, or even $200, I wouldn't be without a well-working QH regardless of brand.

I did have to mod my Box Blade to work with the QH.

Said it before, but an extended hook from Kenny at www.boltonhooks.com would be another addition.

It literally never comes off the tractor.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
So I have another question . I have a L3301 with LP rear blade & box scraper & a Lorenz 3 pt snowblower . will I need to also get the U-adapter like Ralph mentioned above ? .I;s all new to this tractor with a 3 pt stuff , All I've had before were Case 580's , so I'm learning al over .
thanks
animals45
I use a QH10 on my L3301. I have Zero problem with any of my LP box blade or LP shredder. I have a very old 3pt. cultivator but it will not work with any brand quick hitch the way it was made
If I had known HF sold the hitch's probably would have gone that way and bought some orange spray paint

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
OK, have to ask...
these 'quick hitches'
I don't think I've seen any besides the bushings that sleeve inside of each other that slides over cat. 1 pin, Sleeve cat. 2, then sleeve cat. 3

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I’ve considered Pats… but I’ve been living with the original 3-pt Kubota put on it…non extending :(….. Another participant bought some lift arms for an “M” tractor which were extendable and didn’t fit his tractor… I”ve thought about getting those off his hands but not certain they’ll fit my M4700.

Meanwhile, I’m just living with standard 3-pt hitch and dealing with it. The good news is I primarily only use my finish mower back there and don’t change implements all that often. When I do, I use a plain blade or a box blade or a shredder…. not enough to get me motivated to buy the Pats. (I’m not certain I want to deal with the re-adjustments necessary to accommodate the change-in-length of things….and that may be a silly thing since I have a hydraulic top-link… the only other length issue for me would be the driveshafts.
If you can get he extendable link arms , you will love them. My MX came with them and they really simplify implement attachment. I like it better than a quick hitch because you can be several inches away from straight and the extendable links still can accommodate this.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Jay - - I've found that except for the box blade (heavy ground-engaging), I don't need bushings. I don't have a bushing on the top link of the BB either.

The pic I posted earlier was taking them off the back blade since I don't need them.

I only have the box blade, back blade, and a carry-all for my BX.

My QH is from HF for $80 (after coupon).

I did some mods to it, but for $80, or even $200, I wouldn't be without a well-working QH regardless of brand.

I did have to mod my Box Blade to work with the QH.

Said it before, but an extended hook from Kenny at www.boltonhooks.com would be another addition.

It literally never comes off the tractor.
Exactly my deal.. don't really need the bushings but thought it may be quieter and less wear with them. Those bottom hooks on the HF are so thick I shaved a little off the outside rear of them to make more clearance for my box blade..

Never comes off.. no need!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
agree with @RCW. Could not live without a quick hitch (QH10). It has saved me countless amount of time hunched over, shoving, and muscling. Only regret was not buying it first.

Any attachments that aren't QH compatible are worth the one time investment to make compatible. I used the extendable lower links before the QH and they are still not as easy as a QH.

Reactions: 3 users