3 Point moving when dismounting the tractor

3P Kubota

Equipment
L3560
Apr 25, 2022
Texas
Anyone else have this issue? When the 3 point is up, I step off or on the tractor, the lift arms move some. Like maybe an inch or two. I checked the lift control for improper adjustment but all seems well. The control is bolted to the fender and the fenders do have some flex in them when getting on and off. I am just wondering if this is normal? Doesn't seem right to me.....L3560

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
When you're off of the tractor, move the fender and see if it affects the 3 point.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Anyone else have this issue? When the 3 point is up, I step off or on the tractor, the lift arms move some. Like maybe an inch or two. I checked the lift control for improper adjustment but all seems well. The control is bolted to the fender and the fenders do have some flex in them when getting on and off. I am just wondering if this is normal? Doesn't seem right to me.....L3560
Do you weigh enough that the tractor tires would spring up when you get off? LOL

I do not have an answer, but unless there is a reason, I lower my 3PH so the implement is on the ground before getting off.

And I never pay attention to the 3PH arms if nothing is attached.

Hopefully someone will offer a better answer to your question. Especially since I did not offer much help at all...

Edit: Hodge has a good point. Maybe something you are doing is causing a shift in the 3PH linkage...

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
I assume the arms are moving down. How old is the tractor? How much time does it take for the arms to move down?

3P Kubota

Equipment
L3560
Apr 25, 2022
Texas
On the do i weigh enough, lol…no. 180#. When I push in the fender, yes 3 point moves a bit. And it’s moving up. And thanks for the responses!!!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
On the do i weigh enough, lol…no. 180#. When I push in the fender, yes 3 point moves a bit. And it’s moving up. And thanks for the responses!!!
So, moving the fender, with the engine running, is causing input to the 3 point control lever? There's you answer.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

3P Kubota

Equipment
L3560
Apr 25, 2022
Texas
So, moving the fender, with the engine running, is causing input to the 3 point control lever? There's you answer.
Yes, that is the cause. My question though, is that normal, is other people having the same issue?

Thanks,