3 point linkage on my front end loader

phil brooks

Equipment
B20, 4ft bush hog, back hoe (not Kubota B20), landscape rake, snow plough, etc
Hi, am looking for a way of attaching my landscaping rake to my front end loader for clearing out ditches. Am i mad? is there any good reason why i cannot do this?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Easy if you have a SSQA adapter on your loader already.
Simple 3 point setup:

Fancy 3 point Quick hitch setup:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
That SPARTAN device looks great, except for one thing. Why would they weld that hook for the top link. If it were mine, I'd cut it off, weld on two plates with numerous adjustment holes. If one needs that hook a hook (you probably got one with your rear three point quick hitch anyway, then you can use it. I have found I never use the hook for my various attachments, since they all have different heights above the lower arm supports.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
the top needs to hook up otherwise the take will just swing down when you lift the "bucket".

Sent from my XT1254 using Forum Fiend v1.3.2.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
The picture shows a standard quick hitch for 3 point implements. If the implement is set up for a quick hitch it will have the correct dimensions for the hook. You would just back up to the implement and raise the 3 point, the latches on the bottom would lock on and you would drive away. No need to get off the seat. If not quick hitch compatible you would still latch on to the pins but would need to get off the tractor to hook up the top link to the holes above the hook.

Larry