3 point lift question

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
I have 2 holes in the lower arms of my 3 point on my B8200 HST 4wd, which hole provides the most lifting ability, the lift links are currently in the holes closest to the tractor, while digging post holes I find it has a hard time pulling the auger out of the hole when drilling the holes, will moving the lift links to the holes closer to the impliment give it better lifting capacity? It seems in my head that it should help based on leverage but just looking for opinions before I move the links and try it.

thoughts?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah you should get greater lifting height at the end of the 3pth if you have the links moved to the outside holes. If nothing else try it and see what happens.

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
If you move your connection further towards the implement, you will increase your lifting weight capacity and decrease the distance the implement will raise. Conversely, larger raise distances and smaller lift capacities will result from moving the connection closer to the tractor. I agree with Eric; try it each way.

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Thanks for the insight, I moved the links earlier today and it does seem to be a lot more managble lifting it while drilling holes. Doesnt seem to want to get stuck as quick :)