3 point hitch

fundyrider

Equipment
B2601
Dec 5, 2017
Damascus, NB, Canada
Just bought 2015 B2601 with hoe. Previous owner never had the hoe off so never installed the 3 point hitch. I am stumped how to attach the sway control bars to the lower pin. From what I can tell, the pin has to be pulled out but the hoe frame prevents it from doing so.
Help appreciated.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just bought 2015 B2601 with hoe. Previous owner never had the hoe off so never installed the 3 point hitch. I am stumped how to attach the sway control bars to the lower pin. From what I can tell, the pin has to be pulled out but the hoe frame prevents it from doing so.
Help appreciated.
My BIL has a B2920.....has hoe on it, he wanted a 6' back blade - thus needing to take the hoe off and place the 3 point stuff on!

Faced the same problem, that nut is loosened and then the large long rod is slide to one side. He did NOT have the sub frame in the way, but it was stuck there to the point that lube and beating was the only answer amd that took 2 hours - had to take the tire off too.

You have a rather unique situation - not sure there is an easy answer.....other than drill a large hole in the sub frame!:eek::)

Last edited:

fundyrider

Equipment
B2601
Dec 5, 2017
Damascus, NB, Canada
Thanks for the replies, I will take a photo into the Kubota dealer and see if they have a solution. I'm thinking with this frame setup, the sway arm ends should have been installed at the factory then would just have to attach the rest of the sway arm and insert a cotter key.
Likely will have to MacGyver my own sway control.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I wonder if you take the four bolts that hold the draw bar receiver on, if it will swing down on the other two bolt enough to pull the shaft out?

After you get parts 40 in place, then you take pin 60 out to remove the sway bars off leaving the two parts 40 in place when you want to use the backhoe again.

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
hard to tell with the drop light in the pic but could you unbolt the hitch part from the tractor, remove the pin and install the arms then re install?

fundyrider

Equipment
B2601
Dec 5, 2017
Damascus, NB, Canada
Thanks for the suggestions. The 4 bolts are only part of what's holding it
Put my MacGyver skills in gear. I took a piece of flat bar and made a "U" and drilled holes for the pin to insert then slid it over the shaft. (Part 40 above)
Does the job, sway bar hooks up the same as original.
Thanks again, I expect I will be frequenting this forum often.

Last edited:

fundyrider

Equipment
B2601
Dec 5, 2017
Damascus, NB, Canada
As I suspected, the sway control arms should have been installed when the tractor was assembled. . Be an expensive job to pay to have it corrected and I don't relish the thought of tackling it . I will go with my original plan and make my own.

PNWexcavator

Equipment
Kubota U35 Excavator Chevy 1-ton Dump truck B2650
Jun 19, 2017
San Juan islands, Wa San Juan
On my 2017 B2650 with a backhoe subframe I was able to slide the pin to one side and install the swaybar, spacer and hitch and then slide to the other side and repeat. It was tight but worked.

PNWexcavator

Equipment
Kubota U35 Excavator Chevy 1-ton Dump truck B2650
Jun 19, 2017
San Juan islands, Wa San Juan
On my 2017 B2650 with a backhoe subframe I was able to slide the pin to one side and install the swaybar, spacer and hitch and then slide to the other side and repeat. It was tight but worked.
After looking at my tractor I realized that part 40 was installed before the subframe was installed (fortunately!) or I would be in the same boat as you.

Kyle_CMU

Equipment
BX1870 and B7100D - HST
Mar 27, 2013
Midland, MI, USA
Step 1: Measure the width of the tube on part #40, write down measurement.
Step 2: Slide the pin as far to one side as possible, and measure the clearance.
Step 3: Grind/cut the tube on part #40 to slightly less than that measurement.
Step 4: Add shims in appropriate location (depending upon which side you ground/cut the tube on part # 40) to make up the difference.

oldpop85

Equipment
B2601
Sep 9, 2019
Chardon
I had the same problem; my 10 minute solution was to take the grinder to the two "Part 40" / 6C540-65310 and cut off a good chunk of tubing so that I could just hammer it on to the lower link pin (6C540-66010). For a permanent fit, the excised section of tubing can be welded back on after fitment.

Attachments